Just in the last month we've had Keane, Fortune, Loovens and Mowbray write our team talks. :thup:

He points to the Motherwell game, but everyone is neatly forgetting the Killie game. If you take the last two fixtures they've lost points on us not gained (as the assumption was they would easily win their game in hand and take the gap to 7 points).

They'll beat Aberdeen reserves, but we are more than capable of beating Hibs again.

MARCO-ANTOINE FORTUNE started the mind games.

But Madjid Bougherra insists Rangers are not interested in playing.

Fortune claims the champs will crack under the strain of having an eight-point lead at the top of the SPL.

The pressure is all on Gers and it will soon begin to tell, insists the Celtic star.

But Bougherra is having none of it.

And he insists Fortune can say all he likes off the park - because it's only what happens on it that interests him.

Asked if he wanted to prove the hitman wrong for saying Rangers will crack, Bougherra said: "We won't fall into that trap. Honestly, I don't care what people say about us because when I get to the pitch all I think about is football.

"Other people can say what they want. The reality is out there on the park.

"The pressure is not a big problem for the players. Last year we had more pressure and won the title. The pressure for us is a positive thing."

Bougy knows Rangers can still be caught but Celtic aren't his biggest worry. He fears complacency.

The ten-point lead has been whittled down to eight with the Algeria star scared of what can happen if Rangers don't concentrate 100 per cent.

He said: "We are confident. It's the exact opposite to what Fortune says.

"We are eight points clear and all the players here won the title last year so they have a lot of experience of this. But eight points can go away very quickly indeed.

"I remember last year Celtic were leading the SPL by seven points and in the end we were the champions.

"In every game we must have the mentality to win.

"On Sunday we have a big game against Hibs and it's going to be very important for the confidence, for the fans and for us to keep going well and stay clear of Celtic."

Bougherra, 27, returned from international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations to be told Barcelona were interested in signing him.

It's a move which would have any player licking his lips.

But Bougy has played down talk he's on his way out of Ibrox at the end of the season - to the Nou Camp or anywhere else.

He insisted: "When we win the championship we will speak then.

"In football you want to play at the best level you can so when you hear speculation about you it is good. You work hard and to hear things like that is good for any player. I played in the Africa Cup and did my best for my country, and I represent Rangers here.

"I know if I do well for Rangers and my country that's good for me.

"But I have two years left on my contract and I don't know what will happen.

Advertisement

"Maybe I will sign a new contract here, maybe I stay for the two years, or maybe I will go. You don't know in football.

"I want to win the title for Rangers and they will get the Champions League money which is better for me and for the club.

"Honestly, in my head at the moment I can't say. I want to stay and I can't think about leaving Ibrox.

"We know there are financial problems, but most of the players are still here - only Pedro has gone.

"I'm very confident as this is a big club and I think a new owner will come in."

Bougherra is just glad he returned from Angola to find Rangers were still runaway league leaders.

He added: "When I came back we were 10 points clear and we were still going for three trophies.

"I enjoyed the Africa Cup of Nations but I am glad to be back here now. I followed the team on the internet when I was away and saw everything was good.

"January is normally a big month in football and we did extremely well. We had some injuries so the gaffer chose some different players and they all did well.

"I can see in training there is a good spirit.

"All the players want to play and have a good motivation to win the Treble.

"But we have to forget the eight-point lead. We can lose that very quickly although the title is still in our own hands."

dont you just love tempting fate , ahhhhhh the sweet smell of bottles crashing

At least our players know to keep their mouths shut, we did last season and we are doing it again. Bougherra was given a chance to comment and he didn't.

Lovely when they continue to make arses of themselves.