ARthur Numan has been employed by Holland to Scout their opponents in the World cup. He will also be involved in the youth setup. He will shortly be rehousing to Holland. Surely Rangers should approach him to work for them on a freelance bases?

ARthur Numan has been employed by Holland to Scout their opponents in the World cup. He will also be involved in the youth setup. He will shortly be rehousing to Holland. Surely Rangers should approach him to work for them on a freelance bases?

I thought he was some sort of coach with them? I would agree with you as we need some more scouts, however short term as we do need bargains. He has lived here for over 10 years and about 5 years when he hasn't been playing. I would have thought we would have approached him to do something about a job.

If you are talking about checking out future opponents, we already have Durrant and someone else (forgotten the name) that between them go to our next opponents game to see how they are set up, set pieces etc.

I have heard a couple of stories of Durrant being at games of teams we are due to play next, purely to have a look at their set pieces routines and how they shape up tactically, and to look for weaknesses. Walter has taught him what to look out for and what kind of report he wants back.

Sometimes we wonder if anything tactically actually goes on at our club, but behind the scenes it is quite professional, apparantly.

Surely we have people employed to do this already?

Our scouting system hasnt been the best over the years.

Before the financial mess its been long said we should be looking to getting past players who showed great affection for the club to do a bit of scouting or coaching for us.

Numan, Laudrup, Albertz, Wilkins should all be consider for such roles.

Before the financial mess its been long said we should be looking to getting past players who showed great affection for the club to do a bit of scouting or coaching for us.

Cant see Wilkins combining his role at Chelsea with being a scout for us....

If you are talking about checking out future opponents, we already have Durrant and someone else (forgotten the name) that between them go to our next opponents game to see how they are set up, set pieces etc.

I have heard a couple of stories of Durrant being at games of teams we are due to play next, purely to have a look at their set pieces routines and how they shape up tactically, and to look for weaknesses. Walter has taught him what to look out for and what kind of report he wants back.

Sometimes we wonder if anything tactically actually goes on at our club, but behind the scenes it is quite professional, apparantly.

Yes, that is part of the job as well as looking at players. They have done well there. Durrant is a coach as well as a part time scout. I think he may work with Ewan Chester, who is our scout.

Wilkins? The Chelsea assistant manager, I don't think that is going to happen anymore.

Surely we have people employed to do this already?

We do but I'm not sure they have been earning their money the past couple of years with finances they should be looking for players with contracts running down. Although I am not sure if they are employed full time.

Cant see Wilkins combining his role at Chelsea with being a scout for us....

Yip not any more...but he was out of the game for a long time. Absolute Gent of a man and would loved to have seen him in a role at Ibrox.

No i was actually talking about scouting young players for us. Sorry i wasn't clear on that.

As for Wilkins not scouting for us, well Chelsea have many players loaned out who are just under the first team. Surely we could be looking to loan some young or just not making the first team players from them.

Ewan Chester is who I was thinking about and couldn't get his name, cheers Metlika.

We obviously still have scouts in place, we just have no cash to be able to buy anyone who is recommended. That doesn't mean we should stop looking, as our position could change at any moment if a new owner comes in.

I think with Walter's contacts in football, and the good relationship he has had with almost every player he has worked with, if any ex-player spotted someone they thought could do a job for us, i'm quite sure Walter would get a call to give him the name.

Of course, I am assuming this all goes on under the radar and in private, so we dont get to hear about it. So we probably get the best of it by having ex-players who still have some loyalty to the club and to Walter, but we dont have to pay them to be f/t or p/t scouts.