SPL POTY Contenders?

Has to be Davis. The 3 top candidates I'd choose from Rangers would be Davis, McGregor & Weir with honorable mentions for Boyd, Whittaker & Miller. Bougherra has missed too many games (as the Dr mentioned). If he hadn't kept going AWOL it would be a different story though.

It would have to be Davis for me,easily,McGregor would be on my list as would Weir, however you never know with these things as we've seen all to often in the past when McGreedy won it although Hutton was superb that season before moving to Spurs,then you had Caldwell winning it when Bougherra was easily the best player that season, fuck me even on BBC1 last night after the OF highlights the two muppets gave Boruc MOTM !!!!

That would be an unfair reflection on the league, to be honest. It's a poor standard but there are decent players at other teams. Two Rangers plus 2 others would better reflect the idea behind the award.

Nah, but they allowed 3 tims to be up for the award a few years back. So we should have 3 as we have been pretty good this season. If a player from them is up for the award then its a pathetic joke.

Didnt Caldwell some how win this last year though?

Id say McGregor should be up there with any of that names. Some of his saves and performances have been top notch and worth a few points. The save at parkhead in the 1-1 game was incredible and away to Falkirk he had an outstanding double save while we were drawing from which we went up the park and scored.

POTY McGregor for me followed by Davis.

Yes, as its decided by December or January, Strachan won manager of the year by winning one trophy.

Tbh Davis, Boyd and Weir for me should be up for the award. They probably Stokes.

I would want to see Davis get the award and he should.

Aye,he was their best player

N'Guemo also had a decent game for them.

As for POTY any one of McGregor, Bougherra, Davis, McCulloch and Boyd for us. Timmy really shouldn't have a single entrant.

Couple of Arab mates at work keep telling me how good Andy Webster has been since he joined on loan. Quite a number of MOTM awards apparently, seemingly not the same team(defensively) when he's not playing.

Outside chance maybe?

Also, good news for us, if he comes back next season.

Couple of Arab mates at work keep telling me how good Andy Webster has been since he joined on loan. Quite a number of MOTM awards apparently, seemingly not the same team(defensively) when he's not playing.

Outside chance maybe?

Also, good news for us, if he comes back next season.

Certainly sounds promising. Looked a real good player before he went to Wigan imo.

I wouldn't have McCulloch on a short list of 6 just for Rangers POTY, never mind for the whole country.

Really guys, Lee McCulloch????

2 or 3 decent games does not a season make.

From Rangers I would have (in no order) McGregor, Bougherra, Weir, Davis, Boyd and even Miller (as hard as that is to admit) all ahead of McCulloch and have been far more persistent performers this season.

From other clubs Stokes is a good shout, as is Webster, but I dont see enough of the other clubs to really make a judgement.

Although going on previous winners the contest is morally corrupt. Any competition where winners can include Caldwell, Maloney, McGeady, Hartson and Ricksen is beneath any credibility test as far as i'm concerned.