Scotland v Czech Republic Match Thread

Thought we were awful tbh, if it wasn't for Brown then i think we would of got beat tonight. He put in an amazing shift as he always does for Scotland.

Boyd looked really sharp and hungry, playing up front on his own.

Boyd has, amazingly, developed into a player who can actually handle playing up front alone. He's vastly improved his holding up stills, being especially good at playing back into defenders, winning balls, and sweeping out passes to the flanks. He never used to be any good at that.

Agree to an extent that we were awful, mainly in the first half where we simply got outclassed. Second half we were much better though the win flattered us.

Good result but not sure about the performance. Read it was all the Czech's.

Wasn't all them after the first half, but over the piece they were the better side.

Fletcher missing again in a Scotland shirt?

Only time I noticed him was when he got sandwiched.

Hopefully we get B Ferguson back. Plus with McFadden and 1 or 2 others to come back from injury our squad looks stronger again.

Scotland has a much better squad than we've given ourselves credit for - it was just the atrocious management of Burley that made us far less than the sum of our parts.

Although I think we have to vastly improve before playing them again (Spain too) in the qualifiers it was great to get a confidence boosting win last night. Craig Gordon again came to our rescue and despite loosing Fad on the day of the match I thought Dorrans was a superb replacement. Good feet and vision, hope he plays more in the future. I still think Dave Weir has to be involved just to give the defence someone to look up to if anything. Great to see Boydy back in a Scotland strip too.

Just a thought for the future, I'd love to see Hutton and Whittaker on the right, I think with Hutton pushing forward as often as he does Whittaker would easily cover for him and vice-versa, they are both proven right backs and love going forward so Whittaker could start right midfield, just a thought, just a thought !

Edited by Hurlock

Gordon is a good keeper he is just playing for a crap team that doesn't help. I would love for him to end up at a top end EPL side but Sunderland would want a lot of money. He is also quite injury prone.

I also thought Dorrans was quite good from the highlights.

I agree with Calcsot didn't think Dorrans had a great game. Lost possession to cheaply to me. KT did ok when he was on. Was quite surprised to see him taken off at half time

Although I see your points I also have to defend the guy a little, a Scotsman willing to try and beat players the old-fashioned way, can only be good to try right ?? I mean other than Fad the last player I remember trying to beat a man and whip in a cross is Hutton or you may have to go all the way back to the days of Neil McCann !!