Smith to sit down with Weir

It's a tough one for me

Wilson simply cannot be kept out of the team by a 40 year old next season. He has to be first choice. Weir is still capable of another season but i'd rather it was as backup, and i don't think he'd agree to that

I don't think it's a tough one,if Weir had been showing any signs of '' getting on a bit '' then fair enough but if there is one thing he's proved already this season is his fitness, the man has been a rock for Rangers,doesn't miss games through injury and it's not as if he gets exposed by any player in the SPL, so for me if he is playing like this at 39, then he could easily play on next season 40, now having said all that I hope Wilson and Bougherra are still here next season.Contender for POTY.

I don't think it's a tough one,if Weir had been showing any signs of '' getting on a bit '' then fair enough but if there is one thing he's proved already this season is his fitness, the man has been a rock for Rangers,doesn't miss games through injury and it's not as if he gets exposed by any player in the SPL, so for me if he is playing like this at 39, then he could easily play on next season 40, now having said all that I hope Wilson and Bougherra are still here next season.Contender for POTY.

Agree about this season but i have images in my head of Mohammed Ali going on for too long. Weir should bow out on a high imo. One more season may be a possibility but i would like to see him passing the reigns over to hopefully Boogie and Wilson.

I would like to see other players used. He has been fantastic and my annoyance at him being signed at first has been change big style so fair play to him. It would be great if he became a coach, but another problem is his family is settled in England does he really want to stay another year?

Agree about this season but i have images in my head of Mohammed Ali going on for too long. Weir should bow out on a high imo. One more season may be a possibility but i would like to see him passing the reigns over to hopefully Boogie and Wilson.

If we lose them though ?.

Weir has quite simply been fantastic for our club and his influence should never be under-estimated.

His form this season has been especially consistent and I would be delighted to see him sign a year's extension. However, like Dr Burke, I'd like Wilson to be first choice alongside a new player if, as seems likely, Bougherra is sold.

I'd like to see him going out on a high, being captain of a treble winning side should do :)

Or maybe give him another year, but on the understanding that he's going to be used sparingly as cover, might suit him with his family being down south still. Wilson should be our first choice, possibly alongside Webster if Boogie leaves?