Eh? It's a fooking dreadful piece of post-bollocks shabbyism. Fabulous on the inside however.

I like to celebrate the modern. Would you rather another faux-victorian lets-pretend-modernity-hasnt-happened piece?

It's only so nice on the inside because of the shape on the outside :D

I like to celebrate the modern. Would you rather another faux-victorian lets-pretend-modernity-hasnt-happened piece?

It's only so nice on the inside because of the shape on the outside :D

I'd rather a canvas lean-to than that shed with sticks nailed on its walls. I like to celebrate the modern too, just not modern shite.;)

I'd rather a canvas lean-to than that shed with sticks nailed on its walls. I like to celebrate the modern too, just not modern shite.;)

I must admit, it does look a bit from-a-scheme-but-with-sticks in places.

Why does everyone hate the parliament building? It's an immense piece of architecture!

Great article, btw.

My opinion is that it's a decent design in the wrong place. It is not sympathetic to it's surrounds.

It's like Hutcheson E, the disaster designed by European Architect of the year('76), Sir Basil Spence. It was something he had on the back burner for the Greek government, through deck housing with flat roofs. Glasgow District Council bit his hand off for the design. Surely, they realised that the Gorbals is NOT coastal Greece?

I would have commissioned the spirit of Archibald Leach to design the Scottish parliament building, I am positive he could have brought it in at a significant lower cost than �£550million.

My opinion is that it's a decent design in the wrong place. It is not sympathetic to it's surrounds.

I dunno; beauty goes with beauty. In making stuff sympathetic to its surrounds you run the danger of what happens quite a bit in my area - where new buildings are a sort of ape of victorian townhouses / tenemants, but with crappy modern materials. I think the best of every age can sit alongside the best of every other age. The question is really whether the scottish parliament building is the best. I do like it; think it will stand the test of time well.

It's like Hutcheson E, the disaster designed by European Architect of the year('76), Sir Basil Spence. It was something he had on the back burner for the Greek government, through deck housing with flat roofs. Glasgow District Council bit his hand off for the design. Surely, they realised that the Gorbals is NOT coastal Greece?

Haha, yeah, though that might be a bit more extreme. :D

I would have commissioned the spirit of Archibald Leach to design the Scottish parliament building, I am positive he could have brought it in at a significant lower cost than �£550million.

:confused:

I think the design of the parliament is pretty radical and has poor aesthetics. It looks very disjointed.

However, I think many things like that end up growing on people and while they don't see them as a thing of beauty, they no longer see it as an abomination and I think that will happen to the building.

Good examples of this come from cars with the likes of the Sierra, the Smart and the latest BMW 5 series.

I think the design of the parliament is pretty radical and has poor aesthetics. It looks very disjointed.

However, I think many things like that end up growing on people and while they don't see them as a thing of beauty, they no longer see it as an abomination and I think that will happen to the building.

Good examples of this come from cars with the likes of the Sierra, the Smart and the latest BMW 5 series.

Like warts.