St Johnstone 4 - 1 Rangers: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

St Johnstone put Rangers to the sword in Perth as Rangers suffer first league defeat in four months.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=247:st-johnstone-4-1-rangers-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=35:analysis&Itemid=67

Hope the players are embarrassed as I am at giving those marks. :sp: was probably the best of a very bad bunch for me but only because he scored the goal... :(

Oh and i can't possibly put forward a man of the match. Naismith for making me laugh with his crunching tackle on the touchline on Duberry, maybe. Lafferty must soon be up for some special award for the amount of horrific performances in a row? I was actually embarrassed for him last night.

Oh and i can't possibly put forward a man of the match. Naismith for making me laugh with his crunching tackle on the touchline on Duberry, maybe. Lafferty must soon be up for some special award for the amount of horrific performances in a row? I was actually embarrassed for him last night.

I felt a wee bit sorry for him last night.

He worked very hard and his first touch was often good enabling him to beat men, but then he'd run the ball out of play or not be found again when he passed to others.

No idea what was wrong with Thomson and Miller in particular. They just didn't turn up.

It's trademark Lafferty. He runs past people and because Boyd can't do it, you get fooled into believing he's actually a decent player. But he always ends up giving the ball away or falling over. No end product whatsoever and he can't muster the basics of being a footballer (though neither can Boyd, outwith one pretty important aspect....)

It's crazy to think that i was really excited about Lafferty at the start of this season, and i know a lot of other people were too. He had a great end to last season and scored a wonderful goal in August in Poland for Northern Ireland. But to have played in over 30 games this season and only scored in one of them is disgraceful and i can't recall one positive performance from him, outwith possibly the first half away to Unirea

One thing i will ask though is; in 2 years at the club how many times has he got the chance to play up front alongside Miller? If it's more than 3 or 4 i'd be totally astounded

Edited by Dr Preston Burke

McGregor 2

Whittaker 3

Papac 4

Weir 4

Wilson 4

Davis 4

Naismith 4

McCulloch 3

Thomson 3

Boyd 2

Miller 3

Subs: Edu 3, Lafferty 1, Novo 2

Generous imo.

Papac gets 3 for his goal, and the rest bar Weir, Wilson and Thomson get 2. The latter 3 getting 1.

Weir played his worst match for Rangers last night, just a pity Thomson and Wilson also did.

Lafferty is really worrying me. He has talent and shows it (from time to time) but has this knack of doing the wrong thing too often. Indeed not even the wrong thing, the stupid thing, the utterly defenceless thing.