On the evidence of this season's form, it would be hard to grudge the bionic man another season. While his experience is gold, I'd have slight concerns over his lack of pace in the Champions League though.

Agreed,he can play another season in the SPL easy,IMO,however the CL is where he will struggle with pace.

More than happy for Weir to stay on for another season - preferably with the aim to help develop a new partnership which is slightly churlish of me given Weir's PotY form this season.

Ideally we would let Davie ride off into the sunset, Bougie would sign a new contract, and we'd go into next season with Bougie and Wilson as first choice and Webster as backup

However, i highly doubt that Bougie will be here next season and in that case i'd rather Weir stayed

I'm not sure I agree. I've always expressed huge admiration for Davie Weir and imo there should be no other candidate for POTY. Gauging when to go is so important and I suspect another season might turn out to be a season too many for our captain. However, there will be no better judge than Davie himself and I imagine his opinion is what Walter will go by.

Edited by maineflyer

I honestly believe that Davie Weir deserves as much credit as Walter in this most recent Rangers revival. His installation at CB post-PLG instantly stabilised us and since then we have all come to regard his presence as a guarantee of defensive solidity; rightly so. The guy has quietly and assuredly guided us to a European final and two (should be 3) in a row. 10 years ago he would have slotted right in and would these days be held in the same regard that the 9IAR lads are.

However, I feel that it's time for big Davie to step aside. Everyone has their time, no matter how well they look after themselves. I hope he stays on in some meaningful capacity but I suspect he may not given that he is not a Glasgow boy and his family are down south.

We've had a great Ranger sneak up on us against the most unlikely, or should that be likely, of backdrops.

Davie Weir, I salute you.

Weir continues to confound me. I honestly thought this season would have been too much for him yet he has been an ever present stalwart.A huge well done to him and I suspect that being the type of man he is,he will acknowledge when it is time to hang up the boots