What a goal from Kyle Lafferty

Because it was Boyd he was playing in place of, and Boyd wouldn't have scored today's goal. Lafferty offers more all round.

I'm not strictly knocking Boyd, just pointing out a reason why it's better for us to have Lafferty in the team.

Besides, Boyd looks to be off anyway and I've disliked his attitude for quite some time now as well.

Looks like an excuse to me to take a cheap shot at a player you don't like. Which is a shame.

Guest Flying Hippo

Unless Boyd is scoring goals, Lafferty offers a much better option up top

I'd imagine quite a lot of our fans are a lot less worried about Boyd's surely inevitable departure after events of the last month

Because it was Boyd he was playing in place of, and Boyd wouldn't have scored today's goal. Lafferty offers more all round.

I'm not strictly knocking Boyd, just pointing out a reason why it's better for us to have Lafferty in the team.

Besides, Boyd looks to be off anyway and I've disliked his attitude for quite some time now as well.

Agreed - Much as I've always stood up for him, there is no way Boyd would have scored that goal today - pace, strength, two touches and then the shot. Boyd might have scored with the shot but he would never have got there to deliver it. Very noticable when Lafferty was moved wide left how he tended to drift out of things, he needs to play through the middle.

Looks like an excuse to me to take a cheap shot at a player you don't like. Which is a shame.

I've explained my reasons for the comparison. If you want to start an argument on the day we've won the league, I pity you.

It defies belief that you can categorically state that Boyd would not have scored those goals. Have you just put blinkers on and decided that Boyd only ever scores tap-ins ? How about that volley at Thistle in the cup last year ?? Would Lafferty have scored that ?

Probably not, but I've never seen Boyd dribble past defenders and stick a hard drive away from near the edge of the box.

Have you?

Lafferty's goal was very well taken today, and I am very pleased for him - but in your defence of him you see the need to judge him against Boyd - that says more IMO about you not being completely convinced by Lafferty yourself than Boyd's lack of goalscoring prowess.

Of course I judge him against Boyd, he's the guy he was replacing!

No pseudo amateur psychology needed, it's called comparison, Craig!

Sorry but Boyd has scored far more goals than Lafferty has in his professinal career and they most certainly have NOT all been tap-ins.

Lafferty is continuing to win the fans over and that is great - but he is just as prone to pop one out for a throw-in... as he also did today !

Yes he did.

Just want to quote Charlie Nicker-less for this one....

"the boy has no talent"

GTF

Champions - the flag is staying, where it belongs

Just one more fvkk up by that bitter bheast. Wherever he is today, I hope he's hurting that little bit more than yesterday. :)

It's good to see him start to pay back the fans that have stood by him and supported him. I can't say I have any proof as I got banned from the forum I was on but I always said he would come good.

Not saying he is fully there yet but we are starting to see some glimpses of what he can do!

Hopefully he can keep his form up until the end of the season :spl:

3 in his last 4 games - and only maybe one of them would Boyd have scored.

Today's goal was all about power, pace, and quality under pressure, and he delivered, as well as an atrocious celebration again.

Has Kyle Lafferty won you guys over at last?

Absolutely not. He's been absolutely terribe for about 29 games out of the 35 we have played this season and that's me being nice.

His 2nd half effort that went out for a throw in summed him up.