Now The league Title Is Retained

I wonder if we will get the chance to see more of our younger players in the first team?. I don't mean all of them at once, but will WS try a few of them in the first team to see how they would handle it ?. Or is it a case of keep playing the established first choice players?. I for one would like to see one or two of them.

I would love a formation of the December team, Beasley and Novo out wide maybe kids in the middle. Defence will be a mixture as well maybe Broadfoot to play some games? Upfront not sure what his selection will be maybe Boyd? Novo might play upfront with Boyd and someone else on the right.

Too many combinations to think about :D.

He got a really bad injury and was out for over a year. Not sure how many games he's played since his return but was surprised to see him on the bench.

Looks a really good prospect before the injury.

He's been training with the first team squad for a number of weeks now.

I'd imagine he'll make his d�©but before the season is out. :cool:

Guest Flying Hippo

It really is ridiculous if we put out our first choice team at Tannadice when we have an OF game 3 days later and the league is over

It really is ridiculous if we put out our first choice team at Tannadice when we have an OF game 3 days later and the league is over

That's what I'm on about,rest most of the squad for the DUTD game and give some youths a game :spl:

Guest Flying Hippo

Knowing Walter's reticence about rotating, i wouldn't be surprised if he made very few changes tbh

I'd go for something like: Alexander, Little, Smith, Broadfoot, McCulloch, Novo, Beasley, Bendiksen, Edu, Fleck, Lafferty

The problem is that we won the league with just 3 games remaining :D

WS will likely want to honour those who won the league by playing them at Tannadice in the game succeeding the league title being accomplished.

He then is kind of duty-bound to play the 1st team at Parkhead (I would HATE to see us field a weakened team through choice - I want to beat THEM ALL the time, even if it were tiddlywinks....).

Then the season finale at home with the trophy presentation..... 1st team would have to play in that one too, surely ?

Definitely needs to be the first team for the last home game I'd have though, so then I guess its whether Walter's pride in beating Celtic gets the better of any thoughts he may have to make a load of changes and give some of the fringe players a couple of games in the starting XI.