Can't see Thomson swapping the Champions League for the Championship any time soon...

Without investment we won't do as well in the CL as we did last season. AKA, we are going to be absolutely humiliated, and I'm not at all shocked if any player would rather swap that and the SPL for the Championship.

As for Thomson, wouldn't be any skin off my nose if he left - he's consistently promised much and delivered little bar the odd month long purple patch now and again. Not always been his fault, what with injuries etc, but we seem happy to be shot of Beasley for that reason.

Edu and Davis give far more in the centre, and McCulloch offers plenty.

I don't think any of McCulloch, Edu, Thomson or Davis can say they've delivered consistently. Every one of them has had their odd excellent game but, by and large, their contribution has not been great.

I'd be surprised if any of them wanted to swap the chance of improving upon that while showing their talents in Europe with that of playing for the likes of Boro.

Guest Flying Hippo
I maybe was a bit harsh - especially when you factor in Thomson's knee injury - but I just expect a lot more from the player as I always felt he was the best prospect Hibs had ever since he cynically tripped Barry Ferguson and sneered at him when he still had longer hair! ;)

�£2million is a lot of money for any Scottish player and most have struggled to justify the fee. Thomson, Whittaker and Naismith are all capable of doing so but the jury remains out on all three for a variety of reasons. Of course they'll point to 2 league titles since they joined but more is required in my view!

Although he's had a few periods of average form, i've never once thought he was a waste of money at �£2 million. We had money at the time and he's easily one of our best signings of the last 4 or 5 years

Expecting big things from him next season if he's still here

Go over to Kerrydale Street and see if they agree with you

I know virtually no Celtic fan who rates Brown

Was going to post the very same in response to Totti. His own fans do not rate him at all and would gladly get shot.

A few months back I thought Thomson looked finished - he seemed to have lost any pace and his mobility/reading of the game was awful.

Thankfully, he has proven me wrong there but he still makes the same mistakes in his decision-making as he's done previously. He lacks maturity and seems to lose concentration all too often.

The lad is 25 years old now and needs to show he's worthy of a regular starting slot. Next season could be the making (or the breaking) of him.

A few months back I thought Thomson looked finished - he seemed to have lost any pace and his mobility/reading of the game was awful.

Thankfully, he has proven me wrong there but he still makes the same mistakes in his decision-making as he's done previously. He lacks maturity and seems to lose concentration all too often.

The lad is 25 years old now and needs to show he's worthy of a regular starting slot. Next season could be the making (or the breaking) of him.

Edu has barely just turned 24 and shown much more consistency and ability than Thomson imho.

I've been underwhelmed by Thomson and I think your point about his age is very true - he's well past the point where age was ever an excuse.

Edu hasn't been any better over the piece IMO.

I like the lad and enjoy his relaxed style of play but, like Thomson actually, he suffers from lapses of concentration and always seems to be reacting as opposed to anticipating. His distribution is also suspect at times and he's far from the finished article.

I think Edu and Thomson are both good players but both suffer from inconsistency stemming from injury and missing games through average displays. The potential is there though and both need to make themselves first picks next season.

With all due respect to the job McCulloch has done, he shouldn't be in the midfield before these two next season.

Guest Flying Hippo

Can't say i share the make or break stuff with regards to Thomson. He has clearly proved that he's good enough to play for Rangers and whilst he'll never go on to be a Barry Ferguson, he's a vital member of our squad

Can't say i share the make or break stuff with regards to Thomson. He has clearly proved that he's good enough to play for Rangers and whilst he'll never go on to be a Barry Ferguson, he's a vital member of our squad

If he was a vital member of our squad his absence would have hurt us. We instead won the league both seasons - Edu took his place last season and did fantastically, while Thomson only played one decent month this season in a sea of mediocrity otherwise.

I've not given up on Thomson, but I don't agree he's anything like vital.

Edu hasn't been any better over the piece IMO.

I like the lad and enjoy his relaxed style of play but, like Thomson actually, he suffers from lapses of concentration and always seems to be reacting as opposed to anticipating. His distribution is also suspect at times and he's far from the finished article.

I think Edu and Thomson are both good players but both suffer from inconsistency stemming from injury and missing games through average displays. The potential is there though and both need to make themselves first picks next season.

With all due respect to the job McCulloch has done, he shouldn't be in the midfield before these two next season.

Davis and Edu for me has to be our first choice CM pairing next year.