Galatasaray line up bid for Rangers' Bougherra

Guest Flying Hippo
picked and chose what games he wanted to play in. i hope we sell him and he breaks his neck in WC.

Without wanting to sound paranoid, i actually do believe there's an element of truth in the theory that Bougie and Walter picked and choosed what games he was allowed to miss (possibly for financial reasons)

picked and chose what games he wanted to play in. i hope we sell him and he breaks his neck in WC.

Please..... wishing ill-will on ANY player is bad enough - but on one of our own, regardless of whether he wants to stay or not, is simply cringeworthy

Please..... wishing ill-will on ANY player is bad enough - but on one of our own, regardless of whether he wants to stay or not, is simply cringeworthy

I do agree - I don't like seeing injury wished on any player, even tims, though I admit I let my emotion get the better of me when we sold Cuellar. Let's just say I didn't wish him a happy career down there.

But I do contest the 'one of our own' comment regarding Bougherra - he's someone who's currently contracted to Rangers but who it seems clear has never wanted to be here for any longer than necessary. He doesn't feel like one of our own, who are privileged to play for the club and don't take it for granted as a stepping stone to 'better things'. Even Cousin made it perfectly clear that while his ambition was the EPL, he was genuinely quite happy to stay at Rangers too - never made it out to be a grudging acceptance.

Personally, I think Galatasaray is a strange choice for someone with Bougherra's rather inflated ambition, and perhaps their interest will bump him down to earth regarding how good he actually is.

�£7 million for Bougherra??? Errr yes please!!! Let's not forget, 2 seasons ago he was playing for Charlton so hopefully his 'rather inflated ambitions' aren't that high. What with Andy Webster back, a player I would say was more suited to the SPL, and i'd be happy to let Bougherra go as long as some of the money was reinvested into signing another CB. Will probably all depend on what kind of World Cup he has. If he has a stormer against England we could seriously be quids in!!!

�£7 million for Bougherra??? Errr yes please!!! Let's not forget, 2 seasons ago he was playing for Charlton so hopefully his 'rather inflated ambitions' aren't that high. What with Andy Webster back, a player I would say was more suited to the SPL, and i'd be happy to let Bougherra go as long as some of the money was reinvested into signing another CB. Will probably all depend on what kind of World Cup he has. If he has a stormer against England we could seriously be quids in!!!

Have to agree. Brilliant piece of business if we can pick up �£7m for a decent CB.

Boumsong, Cuellar, Bougherra........ seems this is the position to make money from.

I know a few United season ticket holders and they all rate Webster very highly. They say he looks a class above the other players in the team, reads the game well and doesn't get ruffled. Every time I've seen him play he's really looked the part, so hopefully this season away has got his fitness sorted out and he'll be our first choice CB next season.

We also have a good track record with signing CBs, so I'm not overly worried just now. Would have been good to keep Wilson, but he's obviously had his head turned by the lure of money. Bougherra was a strange one because often his body language and statements did indicate he was happy hear, certainly moreso than someone like Cousin who clearly couldn't wait to leave. But what's the point of having someone like him picking and choosing what games to play in. Shut it down folks and move on.

7M for him would be a great price and I'm assuming that would give WS more cash and also pay off some of the debt so is a no-brainer. I'd even take 5M tbh.

I'd even take 5M tbh.

�£5m would do nicely IMO, although he's still got 2 years on his contract so we should hopefully be able to get at least that much.

Bougherra has never been a team player ,we all enjoyed his runs and goals when he forayed up the pitch but how many times did he lose the ball and put us in the shit.He was always only out for himself

Guest Flying Hippo

Disagree with the above comment that Webster is more suited to the SPL than Bougherra. Bougherra may be a chancer but he strolled through 90% of his matches in Scotland and i can barely remember any bad game he played. We certainly won't be seeing Andy Webster sprinting down the right wing and creating goals

To be fair though, we shouldn't be asking our CB to sprint down the wing and create goals! It was a sad indictment of our midfield at times last season where Bougherra would often be the one driving us forward and trying to create something for us.