Gers plan swoop for former Don...

Boyd has everything to prove. He wants a new challenge, lets see how really he good he is at a higher level.

He's really got nothing to prove in Scotland. If he's got something to prove elsewhere, that's his prerogative and yet to be confirmed.

He's really got nothing to prove in Scotland. If he's got something to prove elsewhere, that's his prerogative and yet to be confirmed.

He has got something to prove here, he never scored a meaningful goal in his entire SPL career against Celtic.

He has got something to prove here, he never scored a meaningful goal in his entire SPL career against Celtic.

At the time, the one he scored against them at Ibrox seemed quite meaningful. But you've definitely got a point.

At the time, the one he scored against them at Ibrox seemed quite meaningful. But you've definitely got a point.

I mean outwith Celtic, the SPL is barely League 2 level. In the Championship, Boyd would be going up weekly against sides as good as and better than Celtic, and in the Premiership he'd be up against much much better than Celtic every match. How exactly is he going to cope with that level of football?

I mean outwith Celtic, the SPL is barely League 2 level. In the Championship, Boyd would be going up weekly against sides as good as and better than Celtic, and in the Premiership he'd be up against much much better than Celtic every match. How exactly is he going to cope with that level of football?

Personally, like you, I think he'll struggle big time. He should stay at Ibrox because I think he's already the best he can be. Whether he's as good as we need is up for debate but his goals record suggests he probably is.

In a way I get the same feeling for Boyd as when Michael Owen went to Man Utd. I said to a mate Id be astonished if Owen a) plays more than half their games and b) gets double figures in goals.

The difference is Owen is injury prone while Boyd isnt athletic. But we will wait and see next season to judge

I smiled, nearly, goals speak louder than anything.....remind me..:spl:

Kenny Deucher scored tons and tons of goals in the lower leagues of the SFL, does that make him a top striker?? He stepped up to the SPL and was barely heard of. And non of the bigger SPL clubs wanted to sign him.

So if you think Boyd has seen and done it all in football your deluded. Fair play to Boyd he says he wants a new challenge - good to see some ambition by him. But he has everything to prove at his next level.