Summer 2010 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest Flying Hippo
So we're officially in for Beattie & Smith now.

Flying Hippo - I think it would mean the writing is on the wall for Lafferty before Miller. Especially if Smith is being signed to play wide.

A lot of people have suggested Lafferty being sold but i can't see it. Miller is much more likely to attract interest and with only a year left on his contract, i don't think we'd sign 2 forwards (i'd imagine Smith is being signed to play as a winger) and then keep him

we'll be lucky to sign one of them farless all 3 and i think it would be lafferty who would be first to go rather than miller as Frankie has suggested many times before. miller moved here mainly for family reasons can't see him leaving this season anyway.

A lot of people have suggested Lafferty being sold but i can't see it. Miller is much more likely to attract interest and with only a year left on his contract, i don't think we'd sign 2 forwards (i'd imagine Smith is being signed to play as a winger) and then keep him

The thing is with WS trying to sign Jelavic,Beattie and maybe Smith, it does worry me that Miller will leave

Miller seems very happy and is playing the best football of his career at the moment. Normally that would set the alarm bells ringing, but he's not done well in England by comparison and now there's also concerns about shin splints. Besides, Strachan doesn't have room for any more strikers.

Miller seems very happy and is playing the best football of his career at the moment. Normally that would set the alarm bells ringing, but he's not done well in England by comparison and now there's also concerns about shin splints. Besides, Strachan doesn't have room for any more strikers.

I hope your right mate,Miller has become too valuable to our team

Guest Flying Hippo

Miller should be tied down for the rest of his career. It really makes no sense that we'll sign players but we won't extend existing players contracts. I could understand it if the player was looking a massive pay rise and we didn't want to give it to them 12 months in advance, but Miller took a pay cut to join us and is very unlikely to demand a pay rise at his age