He should be starting ahead of Naismith, even if it is just simply playing him in the token left wing spot

Fleck definitely has potential. Naismith had once too, but it seems to have been eroded by injury. He an Lafferty have now gone beoyond the 'promising' stage. I'm not holding my breath for those two..

Guest Flying Hippo

Lafferty has shown a lot more than Naismith has over the last 2 years

I'll reiterate my desire for a 4-2-3-1 formation with the forward 4 being:

Fleck Davis Lafferty

Miller

Whilst Fleck would be playing as a right-sided attacker which is clearly not his position, he could be allowed to roam and cut in all the time given Whittaker's attacking ability

Edited by Flying Hippo

It's good to see him making an effort to get off to a flying start this season. He'll be an important player for us and fingers crossed he'll be able to hit the ground running and do some damage. we've heard all the hype surrounding him so lets hope he can now produce it on the park.

We still have to remember he is only 18. Plus at that age fitness shouldnt be a problem so the fact he is in early working on it means he should be firing on all cyclinder.

This should be his break through season where he is on the edge or if not being in the first team every week.

Id personally play him in behind the striker(s).

Being stuck out on the wing and expected to make something of it. Failing and suffering a fall from grace in the eyes of the fans. This has become the fate of several forwards of the last few years and should this happen to Fleck, it would be the most disappointing case yet. Perhaps the loss of Boyd will go a way to ensuring that Fleck is given the central position his style of play demands.