The great RST prostitution show

The RST has finally completed its transformation into a blatant whore, desperate to do "business" with anyone for a negotiable price. No pride left, where do these clowns go now that they've hit rock bottom? Read the following and marvel at the prostitute pretending to act on behalf of Rangers supporters. Bearwoodbear has finally lost his marbles...

The RST would welcome talks with Rangers director Dave King regarding joint ownership of the club.

Speaking in a newspaper article on Friday, King dismissed the idea that Rangers could be owned by its fans as "rubbish" - the RST are unsure whether this was aimed directly at their proposal or not.

"What we are looking for is partnership," said RST chairman Stephen Smith.

"Although the Trust is in favour of supporter ownership of the football club - that's our mission statement - we are entirely happy to work in partnership with anybody who sees the fans as a major stakeholder and wants the fans more involved.

"We will settle for a halfway house, or fans taking 20% or 25% or 30% of the football club, that will give us a greater stake and a greater involvement and diversify share ownership.

"If Dave King, or anyone else, wants to engage with the support on that basis, we are still willing to do that.

"Our position is, and always has been, that we are prepared to work with anybody who has the best interests of the club.

"We are happy to have discussions with anybody, from David Murray downwards, about the future of Rangers and the role the organised fans can play in that, in terms of taking a major stake and making the phrase 'the Rangers family' mean something.

"If Dave King is happy to do that, then we are happy to meet him and I'll meet him any time he wants."

What 'organised fans' is he talking about? The fans as a whole aren't 'organised' at all, so he can only be referring to a select group. Guess which group that might be.... :whistle:

Guest Northampton_loyalist

I am far from a trust apologist, but what exactly is the problem with that statement? Are they not allowed to be open to anybody that might have an interest in fan ownership or fan representation? Do they have to pick one preferred partner and go with them at the expense of anyone else who might be able to help them?

The bottom line is the trust have set themselves a goal of fan ownership and are prepared to work their way up to it by buying shares as they go. The fact they would welcome discussions with anyone is a good thing, not a bad thing.

I am far from a trust apologist, but what exactly is the problem with that statement?

My initial feeling was that yet again they were just jumping on a publicity opportunity & that's exactly what I think it was. Fair play though because the RST need as much good publicity as possible. Is this good publicity or is just a case of any publicity is 'good' publicity?

Guest Northampton_loyalist
S'funny, I could have sworn that's exactly what you are.:)

Why, exactly? I have only ever commented on the trust in any way on rare occasions, and every single time has been a criticism. Not your full blooded 'everything they ever have done is shite and everything they ever will do is shite', granted, but you could not be more wrong if you tried. I am just interested as to what gave you that impression, not that it really matters.

Edited by Northampton_loyalist

I would be more disappointed if our fan groups were not trying to raise the issue in the media.

The problem is though that the Trust lack the numbers/credibility to make claims of partnership so are easily dismissed.

I am surprised they haven't made more of the McColl plan in order to increase influence in all areas.

The trust would be talking to anyone on their own behalf, ""and the role the organised fans can play in that, in terms of taking a major stake and making the phrase 'the Rangers family' (aye right) mean something"".

What say or input would the vast majority of non organised fans have, that is correct none.

The reason that they nor no other "body" is willing to put the question to the broad church of the fans regarding fan ownership, is as I have said before Turkey's don't vote for Xmas and the ""blazer brigade" are not about to let any broad fan base vote deny them of their positions or perceived station in the disfunctional Rangers family.

My initial feeling was that yet again they were just jumping on a publicity opportunity & that's exactly what I think it was. Fair play though because the RST need as much good publicity as possible. Is this good publicity or is just a case of any publicity is 'good' publicity?

I think you are being a bit unfair here. A director at the club made a comment about fan ownership and we were asked to respond. There are some occasions where it might be better if we didn't comment but, as an organisation whose ultimate aim is for fans to own the club, it was totally appropriate that we responded to this.