Rangers Lafferty tells Smith: I�ll deliver the goals needed to clinch three-in-a-row

This is where I think having the extra year last season will mature him. Once he shakes off a few doubters and shakes off the sillyness of rash tackles etc I think he will come good. He has all the ingredients of pace, strength etc and he can finish!

Must play through the middle though or he wont progress IMO. If anything playing wide will make him more frustrated.

This is exactly it though Gribz, he's got these doubters because of his performances. It's not as if these doubters have just picked him randomly.

Guest Flying Hippo
This is exactly it though Gribz, he's got these doubters because of his performances. It's not as if these doubters have just picked him randomly.

He's an easy target though. A boy not long out of his teens commanding a near �£4 million transfer fee and wages of around �£12,000 a week. Stunning bird, flash cars, big house, and not exactly modest about it all

Compare the flack he gets to the flack Naismith (doesn't) get(s)

Fans instinctively like a quiet wee lad who seems to get the head down and doesn't embrace the flash lifestyle

He's an easy target though. A boy not long out of his teens commanding a near �£4 million transfer fee and wages of around �£12,000 a week. Stunning bird, flash cars, big house, and not exactly modest about it all

Compare the flack he gets to the flack Naismith (doesn't) get(s)

Fans instinctively like a quiet wee lad who seems to get the head down and doesn't embrace the flash lifestyle

Naismith has never gave a truly nauseating interview to the press making himself out to be some sort of messiah! Also, Lafferty on field diving antics doesn't help him either. I'll agree Hippo, he is an easy target but he's brought it on himself.

He just needs to keep his head down on and off the park and get on with things, let his performances show that he's matured and how good he is. I thought some of his antics on the pitch were cringeworthy to be honest and if it was an opposition player diving around like that we'd be up in arms about him.

I'd love for him to be a success and hopefully a run in the team up front will see some return from him, but some people have a short memory and have forgotten about just how poor he's been for us apart from some vital goals at the end of last season.

Guest Flying Hippo
Aye, lafferty is the new white Pele, when he is about three hunner and forty six..... vuvuzela.gif

Ironically that's the same age Boydy scores his first goal at Celtic Park ;)

Guest Flying Hippo
You mean laffs has scored more goals and is a better and safer prospect than the scoring machine and SPL record holder ?, of course you don't .....and he never will be ...:giruy:

Without the bold Boydy shunting him to the left wing, Kyle will flourish into Player of the Year material my old son

Without the bold Boydy shunting him to the left wing, Kyle will flourish into Player of the Year material my old son

lafferty's granny....

laffertysgranny.gif

:spl:

PS......Wattie picks the team not the gifted goal scoring machine Boydy....:fish:

Edited by wabashcannonball