Barca allegedly had to obtain a loan to pay their players wages.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8797183.stm

I'm surprised about that seeing as they got �£28m for Yaya Toure.

Anyway, about us, I'm finding it tough to keep calm as the lack of movement with current playing staff to get them tied down to new contracts worries me greatly. Loosing players is even worse because we haven't really been in for players yet and I feel Lloyds is still be hugely restrictive, indeed even more than we think.

I might be negative but I can't see us getting anybody in before the new season starts and I could see a player 2 gone, so that would mean we would have 15 first players...

I don't understand why we don't just forfeit signings and instead extend 3 or 4 contracts

I can almost guarantee that whoever we sign, they won't be as vital to the team as Kenny Miller or Kevin Thomson

I think you've just hit the nail on the head , we wil probably bring in very few and attempt to negotiate new contracts with the likes of Thomson , Miller etc however the problem there is time is not on our side , agents will be well aware of what they can earn directly by getting these players to sign for other clubs

, yet again bad management caused by minty and no one will convince me otherwise , the buck stops with him and him alone for this mess

I'm surprised about that seeing as they got �£28m for Yaya Toure.

Anyway, about us, I'm finding it tough to keep calm as the lack of movement with current playing staff to get them tied down to new contracts worries me greatly. Loosing players is even worse because we haven't really been in for players yet and I feel Lloyds is still be hugely restrictive, indeed even more than we think.

I might be negative but I can't see us getting anybody in before the new season starts and I could see a player 2 gone, so that would mean we would have 15 first players...

Hmmmmmmm , only one away from the number we were warned Muir was wanting , yet this was rubbished by some as scaremongering

Hmmmmmmm , only one away from the number we were warned Muir was wanting , yet this was rubbished by some as scaremongering

I'm more than confident we'll sign at least two players...

Aye but I thought Barca had had similar help in the past? Not sure... ;)

Spanish team's get to secure their own TV deals and what is causing severe problems in Spain is that the other teams outwith the big two have had enough and are threatening all sorts of action even attempting to start their own league with out Barca and Real . It will never happen but it's holding up Barce's tv deal leading to the same problem as us Cash flow . Real were the biggest benificiaries of direct government help getting over $ 200 million euros' for land worth a fraction of the value , but hey it's Spain

.....yet again bad management caused by minty and no one will convince me otherwise , the buck stops with him and him alone for this mess

There's no other way to see it I'm afraid. Too much time already wasted fretting about Muir and the bank.