What price loyalty, highest bidder ?

I just wish all teams would get together and say when your contract is over you are on half money. Players wages are at a crazy level and crippling football clubs. I really hope that Fifa keep their promise and don't allow clubs with unsustainable debt into Europe. Players wages need to be brought back to a realistic level clubs can afford to pay.

Can you see Fifa or Uefa banning the likes of Madrid or Barca from the champions league because both clubs and plenty more are being sustained by banks or governments. I DONT THINK SO

Better leagues and more money comes before loyalty and trophies for most pro's these days.........

But that's the whole point of being a professional..... why then should we criticise? It's like criticising a ggreyhound for being fast or a tiger for having stripes.

But that's the whole point of being a professional..... why then should we criticise? It's like criticising a ggreyhound for being fast or a tiger for having stripes.

i agree, most people would take a pay rise no matter how much the liked the company they were working for, but of course some won't and are quite happy with what they have and where they are, and could be for a number of reasons, and are called loyal.

i think it's a wee bit different for football teams though as most boys grow up supporting one and not that many get the chance to play for the team you supported/support. i would definitely say i would be very very happy playing for Rangers for all my career but i have sadly :violin: not been in that position and say if i was offered more money elsewhere would i stay or go, i can't say for sure what i would actually do but i would like to think i would stay. i don't think it helps when Rangers don't really make players feel that welcome these days, they don't offer contracts nearly early enough to players and expect players to stay when they do offer them late. they accept virtually any offer on you so that also must be your mind when you choose......

i agree, most people would take a pay rise no matter how much the liked the company they were working for, but of course some won't and are quite happy with what they have and where they are, and could be for a number of reasons, and are called loyal.

i think it's a wee bit different for football teams though as most boys grow up supporting one and not that many get the chance to play for the team you supported/support. i would definitely say i would be very very happy playing for Rangers for all my career but i have sadly :violin: not been in that position and say if i was offered more money elsewhere would i stay or go, i can't say for sure what i would actually do but i would like to think i would stay. i don't think it helps when Rangers don't really make players feel that welcome these days, they don't offer contracts nearly early enough to players and expect players to stay when they do offer them late. they accept virtually any offer on you so that also must be your mind when you choose......

I've never been in the position to play for Rangers and never will be ... but I believe if I were and another club offered significantly better pay or prospects, I would have no hesitation in leaving. When you become a professional footballer you leave behind the things that motivate the supporter.

Heard a story today about big Laffs, nothing bad on his part. I think there may be something in it, allegedly the club is actively touting him about, through the agent system, for wait for it, over �£1.5 mill. If that is in fact true, I will be at a total loss as to what is going on the thinking behind it. It would almost be akin to streamlining before looking to punt the club again, but I am the same as everyone else just now, not a clue what the running of the club is all about, we could start with having a full time Chairman. Loyalty has many meanings, depending on who is looking for it.

novo left as he was only being offered a 1 year deal whilst boyd knocked back 50 grand a week in turkey to sign for middlesbourgh.

I would speculate that thompson was activley "helped" out the door by messers bain ans co at the first sign of a chequebook being opened in the boardrooms direction.

So much for the 4 or 5 player smith would be bringing in! It will be the Rangers reserves next season!