Why Walter will win the title....

...and the Scottish Cup this coming season.

It will put him 2nd in the all time figures of Rangers managers. He is level with William Wilton on 8 titles at the moment but 2nd in the all time total figures with 18 trophies.

Would anyone deny he has been our 2nd best manager of all time?? At the same time he was also Assistant to Souness 7 trophies.

League Scottish Cup League Cup Europe Total

William Wilton 8 1 0 0 9

Bill Struth 18 10 2 0 30

Scot Symon 6 5 4 0 15

David White 0 0 0 0 0

William Waddell 0 0 1 1 2

Jock Wallace 3 3 4 0 10

John Greig 0 2 2 0 4

Graeme Souness 3 0 4 0 7

Walter Smith 6 3 3 0 12

Dick Advocaat 2 2 1 0 5

Alex McLeish 2 2 3 0 7

Paul Le Guen 0 0 0 0 0

Walter Smith 2 2 2 0 6

scot symons euro record puts him well in the shade. smith has never impressed on that stage.

Rangers under the guidance of Walter playing in europe is a strange one. We either do atrocious or we do well but more often than not we're atrocious. From memory, we've only really done anything meaningful in 2 seasons since 1993. Mind you, under the guidance of Advocaat, McLeish and PLG we didn't really do much. Under Advocaat we beat some good teams but never qualified from the group stages in the CL. McLeish was diabolical in europe and PLG, wll, europe seemed to suit him more than the SPL but we never beat any decent teams!

I'm not a fan of Walter in europe, far from it but his record compared to previous managers is above average!

Rangers under the guidance of Walter playing in europe is a strange one. We either do atrocious or we do well but more often than not we're atrocious. From memory, we've only really done anything meaningful in 2 seasons since 1993. Mind you, under the guidance of Advocaat, McLeish and PLG we didn't really do much. Under Advocaat we beat some good teams but never qualified from the group stages in the CL. McLeish was diabolical in europe and PLG, wll, europe seemed to suit him more than the SPL but we never beat any decent teams!

I'm not a fan of Walter in europe, far from it but his record compared to previous managers is above average!

Mcleish got us through to the latter stages of the CL, the first and only time any manager has done so. He also achieved this without having a penny to spend. Advocaat did beat some very decent teams and was very unlucky not to make it through to the latter stages. He did though have us competing with the cream of europe and playing football that was worth watching.

Smith doesnt even come close to any of them. I certainly dont rate him as our second best mnanager of all time.

Mcleish got us through to the latter stages of the CL, the first and only time any manager has done so. He also achieved this without having a penny to spend. Advocaat did beat some very decent teams and was very unlucky not to make it through to the latter stages. He did though have us competing with the cream of europe and playing football that was worth watching.

Smith doesnt even come close to any of them. I certainly dont rate him as our second best mnanager of all time.

But Walter Smith got us to within a baw hair of the European Cup Final in 1993 and also got us to the UEFA Cup Final in 2008. Aren't they better achievements than getting through the CL group stages and playing good football but not quite making it?

I remember watching Rangers play Auxerre at Ibrox when McLeish was in charge and all we needed to do was get a point. McLeish chose to play a 4-3-3 formation that night with Bob Malcolm, Hamed Namouchi and Stephen Hughes as our midfield three. We were raped that night!

Playing good football isn't the be all and end all, ask the Arsenal fans.

But Walter Smith got us to within a baw hair of the European Cup Final in 1993 and also got us to the UEFA Cup Final in 2008. Aren't they better achievements than getting through the CL group stages and playing good football but not quite making it?

I remember watching Rangers play Auxerre at Ibrox when McLeish was in charge and all we needed to do was get a point. McLeish chose to play a 4-3-3 formation that night with Bob Malcolm, Hamed Namouchi and Stephen Hughes as our midfield three. We were raped that night!

Playing good football isn't the be all and end all, ask the Arsenal fans.

The Uefa cup final came as a result of failing to make the grade in CL so its hardly something to shout about. The last time the hairs actually stood up on the back of my neck at a football game was against Villereal. I doubt they will ever stand up whilst Smith is in charge.

Unirea, Kuanus.... the list is endless under smith if we are mentioning managers failings. There is nothing great about smiths sides. The dont play football or cant and its down to his inability to take a game to the opposition. he trys to stop the other team from playing whilst hoping to nick a goal along the way. And its very difficult to watch too. Football shouldnt bore the fans to death. Ibrox is a morgue for the fans due to smiths inability to entertain on the park. He continually hides behind the excuse of having no money whilst having brought in something like 17 players in his second tenure.

After reaching The 2008 uefa cup final we should have been clear of the debt that haunted us for the previous eight years but his gross mismanagement from that point on has been a major contributary factor in our financial predicament now.

I wont be remembering him fondly at all and i amazes me that so many turn a blind eye to smiths short commings, both Fans and the media.

Every manager fucks up now and again. I don't agree with Smiths tactics or his style of play but it does work!

I can't believe you're sweeping us reaching the UEFA Cup Final in 2008 under the carpet.

There's been a few nights when the hairs stood up on the back of my neck watching the Rangers, but the night wee Natcho scored that pen to take us to the final will live with me forever,surely not to be dismissed!!. Not tomention WS achievements the last two seasons,only he could have won these titles under the present circumstances,IMO.

Edited by ian1964