Why Walter will win the title....

Walter Smith has done better in the European Cup/Champion's league than any other Rangers manager. He's also done the best in the UEFA cup. He took us to the stage immediately before the final of the CL which I would pretty much class as "the latter stages" which makes the Eck claim look pretty silly. And if it wasn't for Marseilles cheating, we could easily have been in the final.

BTW Eck had a lot more money to spend and a higher wage bill than Walter has had in the last two years so why does the former have it as an excuse and not the latter?

We were effectively 3rd that year, with the cheating team first.

Eck's achievement was good but there's no need to make it out to be something it isn't.

Walter has had some bad years in Europe but so have most other Rangers managers. Playing more than 4 games in Europe used to be a rarity for us before the CL.

The only way I can see us having a good season in Europe this year is if we can manage to finish third and get into the Europa cup, where we may meet teams that are more within our financial means.

There's been a few nights when the hairs stood up on the back of my neck watching the Rangers, but the night wee Natcho scored that pen to take us to the final will live with me forever,surely not to be dismissed!!. Not tomention WS achievements the last two seasons,only he could have won these titles under the present circumstances,IMO.

Im sorry but last season was more down to tony mobray than walter smith. There was no great tactics employed to win it. It was a poor league quality wise and i have always maintained that we could have played a better quality of football with the players at our disposal.