I wonder when he'll return this time?!?!

Madjid Bougherra has agreed to take part in a friendly fixture with Algeria just three days ahead of the SPL kick-off.

The Rangers defender has declared he will fly out to play against Gabon in Algiers next Wednesday even though Walter Smith�s men start the defence of their title with a home game against Kilmarnock on August 14.

Bougherra hit the headlines for the wrong reasons last season when he reported back late from international duty on three separate occasions and he has been warned the same won�t be tolerated this term.

Smith decided against taking a hardline stance last term but has made it clear to Bougherra he isn�t willing to turn a blind eye to any further lack of respect.

Ideally, the Rangers manager would prefer Boogie didn�t travel after spending the summer with Algeria at the World Cup Finals in South Africa.

But the powerful stopper ââ?¬â?? who has been linked with a move away from the club this summer ââ?¬â?? has insisted he will make the journey to take part in the friendly fixture.

He said: "I am eager to join up with the national team again. Of course I will be there."

Bougherra was afforded an extension to his summer holiday after playing in the World Cup and he says he is still not in peak condition ahead of the new season.

He said: "I�m not at my best yet. I have only been back in training for a little while and I need time."

Meanwhile, Rangers have once again been linked with a move for Dundee United winger Craig Conway.

Middlesbrough manager Gordon Strachan is an admirer of the winger but isnâ��t prepared to stump up the �£1.2m transfer fee the Tannadice club are asking for.

Smith could make a move for the player if he feels it is his best option of landing someone who can provide his team with natural width and trickery.

Another signing target, Nikica Jelavic, scored two goals for Rapid Vienna to take them into the Europa League play-off round as they defeated Bulgaria�s Beroe and he now wants to join Gers.

The Croatian striker said: "I am happy to score the goals because I wanted Rapid to qualify but I am now ready to take on a new challenge. I hope my move to Rangers materialises."

Cant see a problem him playing for his country. We have 7 in the Scotland squad.

Hopefully he gets a decent run out and returns injury free to get a bit of fitness under his belt. He was Algerias best player at the WC so its normal he is called up.

He's been away before playing for Algeria during the season and failed to return when he should've. He'll do it again. Time for the big man to move on because the baggage he brings just isn't worth it!

Dust would injure him.

I can see why players come back late sometimes and think its gets blown out of proportion. Ive had many a international flight and cant be bothered or been too tired to go to whatever the next day but doesnt mean Im not committed.

I cant see why Algeria or any other teams involved in the world cup need friendlys already

They start their africans nations 2012 qualifiers in September the same time as most european teams start theirs for euro 2012. he's getting some unfair critisisim for wanting to play for his country here IMO. He's one of the best players for his country so why would he not want to play when called upon?