Guest Flying Hippo

Boyd would've been the easy option. Make him our highest earner* and he'll score 25 a season against diddy teams for the next 4 years. I'm happy we're aiming higher than that and trying to sign someone with a proven record in Europe and who scored 3 goals in 2 games against a team who Boyd managed just 1 goal in 9 years against. Now let's just conclude the deal please Rangers

*and leaving us with virtually no chance of ever extending anyone elses contracts as they'd all be wanting parity with Boyd

Edited by Flying Hippo

Boyd would've been the easy option. Make him our highest earner* and he'll score 25 a season against diddy teams for the next 4 years. I'm happy we're aiming higher than that and trying to sign someone with a proven record in Europe and who scored 3 goals in 2 games against a team who Boyd managed just 1 goal in 9 years against. Now let's just conclude the deal please Rangers

*and leaving us with virtually no chance of ever extending anyone elses contracts as they'd all be wanting parity with Boyd

Boyd tried and tested would have been the sensible option, but Smith doesn't rate Boydy....just like you....but there again both of you rate the biggest diddy seen in a Rangers jersey since God left Govan..:devil:...nuff said...:giruy:

I'll find it difficult to sleep tonight knowing the Rangers manager shares my opinion but Shinyshoes from FF doesn't ;)

That will be normal...the sleeping bit...you and Wattie must be in a perpeptual dream about big Laffs being a fitba' player....you could put him in a Real Madrid strip and he would still be a dumplin...but that is taking the dream to far.....Boydy King of Scorers no arguement the stats don't lie....:spl:

Boyd tried and tested would have been the sensible option, but Smith doesn't rate Boydy....just like you....but there again both of you rate the biggest diddy seen in a Rangers jersey since God left Govan..:devil:...nuff said...:giruy:

I find it hard to accept your reasoning regarding Boyd,I was a Boyd fan for his goal scoring acheivements which is really unarguable,however WS never trusted him in the big games because of his inability to contribute in other parts of his game,which is what split the Rangers fans with him.WS was happy to let him go and is convinced he will sign a player who will fit into his system better than Boyd would, and I suspect Boyd knew that and that is why he left,IMO. The proof is in the pudding,lets wait and see if Walter is correct,he has been so far!!. I think Walter knows what he is doing by replacing Boyd for the benefit of the team. Trust in Walter. Boyd could have gone to Birmingham and made Rangers some money, but he said he wanted to stay if he earned what Miller earned, which I agree with,then he said he wanted to wait and see if WS was staying before deciding,WS said he was staying then Boyd left eraning the Rangers zero. Boyd has gone,move on and let's see what the new guy has to offer.:)

I find it hard to accept your reasoning regarding Boyd,I was a Boyd fan for his goal scoring acheivements which is really unarguable,however WS never trusted him in the big games because of his inability to contribute in other parts of his game,which is what split the Rangers fans with him.WS was happy to let him go and is convinced he will sign a player who will fit into his system better than Boyd would, and I suspect Boyd knew that and that is why he left,IMO. The proof is in the pudding,lets wait and see if Walter is correct,he has been so far!!. I think Walter knows what he is doing by replacing Boyd for the benefit of the team. Trust in Walter. Boyd could have gone to Birmingham and made Rangers some money, but he said he wanted to stay if he earned what Miller earned, which I agree with,then he said he wanted to wait and see if WS was staying before deciding,WS said he was staying then Boyd left eraning the Rangers zero. Boyd has gone,move on and let's see what the new guy has to offer.:)

You see I am old fashioned enough to think a striker scores goals that is his job, what the feck he does in between scoring goals I couldn't give a flying fek.

If defenders canny defend or midfielders can be generals, it is hardly the all time hitman of the SPL's fault.

Maybe Wattie just couldny manage him, apart from not rating him.

Guest Flying Hippo
You see I am old fashioned enough to think a striker scores goals that is his job, what the feck he does in between scoring goals I couldn't give a flying fek.

If defenders canny defend or midfielders can be generals, it is hardly the all time hitman of the SPL's fault.

Maybe Wattie just couldny manage him, apart from not rating him.

Showing your age with belief systems like that. It's at least 15 years since managers realised that a forward needed more strings to his bow than simply being good at tapping the ball home from 5 yards. Why else would England have taken Crouch and Heskey to South Africa and left Darren Bent at home?

I think it's time you accepted Boydy has gone (didn't you see him hugging McDonald after the rabid Rangers hater scored last weekend?) and started backing those who actually want to play for Rangers

1zqdf78.gif

Edited by Flying Hippo

Other than score a shit-load of goals, what does David Villa contribute to Spain? He doesn't track back, he'll maybe start out wide, but spends his entire time coming inside trying to score. Boyd score goals and helped win us trophies. He made his move, his choice, and it's his problem that he won't be getting any more medals antime soon. It's not his responsibility to do anything other than look after Kris Boyd - it would've been nice to make some money from him, but that's not why he was signed. He was signed to score goals, and he did that. MAybe he wanted to stay and make sure the club won another champinship. To me, that's more important than a couple of millon. Anyway, he's away, best of luck to him, hope he does well and scores the goals that get Scotland to the Euros in a coupla years.

Showing your age with belief systems like that. It's at least 15 years since managers realised that a forward needed more strings to his bow than simply being good at tapping the ball home from 5 yards. Why else would England have taken Crouch and Heskey to South Africa and left Darren Bent at home?

I think it's time you accepted Boydy has gone (didn't you see him hugging McDonald after the rabid Rangers hater scored last weekend?) and started backing those who actually want to play for Rangers

1zqdf78.gif

Furfuxsake there is a world of difference between wanting to........and having the ability to....obviously that part passed you by.

Age has its benefits, I know a player when I see one, and for us Lafferty is a man down.

As for Boydy huggin McDonald, I saw Bazza often with the lurgan louper driving through Ferniegair, the louper and Ally are good mates too, what you want to do shoot them for treason....:confused:

Guest Flying Hippo

What did Kenny Miller contribute other than 21 goals last season? Loads

That's why i'll always rate someone like Miller/Prso/Cousin/Darcheville/Novo/Arveladze (good technical ability but very unlikely to score over 20 a season) above someone like Boyd/Velicka/Bo Andersen/Flo (will score plenty but can't hold the ball up and can barely run)