Thoughts on Beattie's performance?

I have never rated Beattie but I will be holding my judgement on him until around the 5th or 6th game and see how he has settled in.

I think that is the only thing we can do,I'm not convinced with his signing but I'll happily be proved wrong,he may just replace Boyds' goals

I think that is the only thing we can do,I'm not convinced with his signing but I'll happily be proved wrong,he may just replace Boyds' goals

I think most people on here have roughly the same thoughts. I always thought of him as a cart-horse but i hope he proves me wrong.

I don't really think it was a lack of speed that beat him in his breakaway chance, but his inability to control the ball in his run. That could be caused by his lack of match practise.

I never saw the game, so can't judge that, however I don't think we've signed Messi here. But I do think we've signed a decent striker who will get 20-25 goals in the league this season. As mentioned, he's brought in to replace Boyds goals and I think he will.

I never saw the game, so can't judge that, however I don't think we've signed Messi here. But I do think we've signed a decent striker who will get 20-25 goals in the league this season. As mentioned, he's brought in to replace Boyds goals and I think he will.

His reaction for the shot that the keeper saved was lightening quick and left the defender gaping so i think that is a plus point. He may not be the quickest to foot but his reaction in front of goal gives hope for the future.

Yep mate I want to be proved wrong so badly! I suppose I have never really paid attention to him before but I do remember every time seeing him play I always thought he was over-rated and pish haha

Also because I never really paid attention I don't really know what sort of forward he is..I'm really happy though that we are even having a discussion about a NEW player as I had forgot what the feeling was like :spl: