Thoughts on Beattie's performance?

Seeing as he's the first signing we've made in 2 years, I thought a full thread dedicated to how he got on today would be a good idea.

Personally I thought he seemed pretty sharp in the first half, and for a cracking save would have scored a smart half volley.

Second half he faded out as expected but really should have done better when he had that run through on goal near the start of the second 45.

Overall expect him to gain more understanding with his team mates in time, but for now I'd say he's not a bad acquisition for about �£1.5M.

Guest Northampton_loyalist

Started well, should have scored, faded badly but that is perfectly understandable. Unfair to judge him at all on today seeing as he only met the team this morning. Should do well for us once he is settled in and used to the team but probably wont be spectacular.

Agreed, I thought he tried but u could tell his fitness wasn't there but that will come think he only played two games 45 minutes in each fir Stoke reserves in pre-season so will take him a few weeks to get upto scratch. I thought he played very deep aswell in some parts of the game today as if he was the one playing off miller, did nebody else notice that?

I thought he had a poor game. Agree with pretty much everything gisabeer says. Slow, poor touch, mediocre. Obviously still early though and once he gets proper training and understanding of team mated he will hopefully turn good.