Why are the press so intent on bigging up Celtic?

I've never read too much into their being a huge conspiracy against Rangers in the media or elsewhere, every football club's fans believe that. Not denying we are often attacked, just not to maybe the level some would believe.

Recently though, and I rarely read the papers, I've noticed the press constantly looking to talk up Celtic, even when they continue to fail.

Recent articles in different newspapers have spoke of a parkhead revolution and quoting todays Daily Mail, "Neil Lennon hailed all-rounder Beram Kayal as the pick of his European stars". How can any such statement be written about a squad of unknown players who have just been embarrassed in the CL qualifiers and have only just beaten mediocre Europa League opposition? You can only just imagine if we were in such a position - it would be 'solid' or 'an improvement on previous embarrassment."

The press can write what the hell they want. Only last season some papers were printing guff about Hinkel (correct me if I'm wrong) claiming the last old firm game would prove who was the best 'once and for all', and hinting that there was some justification in this, forgetting we had just controlled them the whole season.

The irony is despite all this talk of Celtics big expenditure, we have at the last minute probably signed 3 players of vastly superior quality.

very true, Totti...I think most celtc supporters (or the sensible ones) are embarrassed by the nonsense printed in the rags.

Quiet day for stories? just ask scott 'broony' brown how much he thinks his team are going to win by in the SPL/ Europa cup/ any other cup and fill 2 pages with the guff he comes away with... and pepper the article with words like 'hoops' and 'bhoys' and how no one likes facing celtc in the cauldron that is parkhead...these things write themselves.

Because it sells papers, while printing 'Lennon brings in many players, some likely to be shit' will result in lower sales.

Flying Hippo's response was feeble, by the way. The Reformation happened 400 years ago, stop worrying.