how great is it

Easy to say but he looks a far better player than Martin, only his first game but you can tell he has better control than most of our team (wouldn't be hard i know) and pace, confidence to take players on and he can cross a ball , i can't wait to see him on saturday at Ibrox..........

I have to admit, i was thinking about Lee Martin yesterday too. He had a wonderful game against Hearts at Ibrox but within weeks had descended into a total sand dancer who would rather do a few step overs than actually do something productive. He hadn't played in the World Cup though nor do i think he has a fraction of the talent Weiss has

Agreed - which makes me somewhat more excited about this lad.

Lee Martin plays for Charlton now. He's hardly turned into an England regular.

I remember his debut at Ibrox well though. Didn't he take the FK for the 2nd goal that day? He played well but as Hippo says from then on in he was more interested in doing stepovers and basically flattering to deceive. Kyle Lafferty is a poor mans Lee Martin. ;)

Taken from Wiki:

Seen as not quite ready for the Premier League, Martin joined the Scottish giants with a view to an extension of the loan to the end of the season. His skills instantly impressed the Rangers support, but after a succession of injuries he failed to establish himself and returned to Manchester United in December 2006, having made just 10 appearances.
Edited by Gazza_8

I think the difference between Martin and Weiss is that Weiss came on and changed the game - don't get me wrong, we were in the lead already, but we weren't controlling the match. Weiss came on and we immediately looked in easy street.

The lad's far too good for the SPL and it's a privilege to have a player of that quality at Ibrox.

I have to admit, i was thinking about Lee Martin yesterday too. He had a wonderful game against Hearts at Ibrox but within weeks had descended into a total sand dancer who would rather do a few step overs than actually do something productive. He hadn't played in the World Cup though nor do i think he has a fraction of the talent Weiss has

Was going to counter Frankie's first post but will instead support what FH has said here. I don't think Martin nor Aaron had achieved what Weiss had when they arrived (i.e. performing in World Cup Finals matches) and hence at a similar or younger age he has shown more potential and demonstrated greater ability. I did however miss yesterday's game with work.

Guest Flying Hippo
Was going to counter Frankie's first post but will instead support what FH has said here. I don't think Martin nor Aaron had achieved what Weiss had when they arrived (i.e. performing in World Cup Finals matches) and hence at a similar or younger age he has shown more potential and demonstrated greater ability. I did however miss yesterday's game with work.

Martin's Rangers career can be summed up with 'wore coloured boots, liked to do step overs'

But he did have a very exciting first few games which is why i won't go overboard on Weiss just yet, though i really can't see him being anything other than a success