OFFICIAL: Jelavic Work Permit Granted

We rightly get excited by the CL and the kudos it brings but the SPL is what is important to Rangers and achieving the financial haven of CL qualification. Otherwise the CL itself is likely to be brief and bloody. Whether our new fella plays in it is largely irrelevant in the scheme of what's critical to Rangers.

I'm optimistic that the CL won't be too bad for us this year. We had a reasonably decent one if ultimately unlucky one three years ago followed by a brilliant and reasonably lucky UEFA run. We then had a horrendous one where we went out in the qualifier and then a really crap and unlucky one where we finished last. I think we're at least due a mediocre one, where we play ok, get even luck, get a few results and finish third.

I think we're really due an excellent one where we play well and get loads of luck (like 92) but then Scotland have been due one of those for about 50 years...

I really can't see us getting as much bad luck as last year or playing as badly and hopefully Walter will ignore the advice of the fans and go back to playing the way we did a few years ago - which is what we do best to get results. Weiss can be the one who does any of the entertaining while the rest play Wattenacio.

I think we're really due an excellent one where we play well and get loads of luck (like 92)

I don't agree with the point that we got "loads of luck" in 92. The Nissy goal, I'd grant you, but we deserved to win that night and I'd argue that we were unlucky to get Hately sent off.

I don't agree with the point that we got "loads of luck" in 92. The Nissy goal, I'd grant you, but we deserved to win that night and I'd argue that we were unlucky to get Hately sent off.

I agree and didn't really mean we were very lucky; however, we did get some rub of the green which you often need to do well even if you are one of the best in the competition.

I suppose any luck was counter balanced by Marseilles bribing all and sundry. I doubt they would have beaten CSKA 6-0 without bribes and who knows what a fair result would have been in both games against the Russians.

Anyway, I still think we are at least due some neutral luck this year after the last two.