Being treated like children!

No-one is suggesting we don't have misguided people in our support - whether it be at UEFA Cup finals in our own country or away to Unirea.

As always, we just expect a balanced reporting of this instead of unfair generalisations and/or the ignorance of factors which were key to what happens in such incidents.

At least 150,000 people were in Manchester in 2008. 150,000 people FFS! Yet, the authorities completely failed to accommodate a group of fans who only wanted to support their team on a beautiful Spring day despite being warned constantly beforehand.

That's isn't deflecting blame - I witnessed plenty of people who let themselves, their club and their country down - but merely being realistic in analysing why there was bother.

The fans were also warned though Frankie. We were warned that the city might not be able to cope if we went down in large numbers, something which was completely ignored. Not taking sides btw, but in all honesty if GMP had prepared for 150k, 200k or more might have turned up...

The fans were also warned though Frankie. We were warned that the city might not be able to cope if we went down in large numbers, something which was completely ignored. Not taking sides btw, but in all honesty if GMP had prepared for 150k, 200k or more might have turned up...

Nothing like sittin on the fence, yir arse must be like skelf city....:whistle:

I don't think they would've coped with 50,000 farless 150,000, they were a shambles and the police made it far worse than it needed to be when the trouble started. 4 of us had a great day with plenty of drink on a scorching day. After the game they stopped the trains from leaving so we had to try and wait for a bus which was also a nightmare as so many were trying to get on them, we ended up walking and luckily got a taxi which was not cheap.

They must've made millions from our fans, pint/food prices etc were probably put up, supermarkets only selling beer by the case. I hardly seen a bin anywhere. I doubt anyone was caring about the fans when they were taking out money. Some fans let us all down and always will like at every club but the reaction was well over the top IMO..

So, would you expect the fans to stay sober drinking tea for the biggest game since 1972?

I'm sure the stats for T in the Park or Glastonbury is worse for drunken behaviour.

Not defending the actions of a small minority but for the most part, the fans created a carnival atmosphere!

No, I don't expect people to stay sober, I myself had a few beers despite having one of my hardest finals at strathclyde uni the next day at 9.30, but I saw people walking around at 10 in the morning with crates of 24... each!!

I think that rangers fans get far too hard a time for all this, but I still find that sort of behaviour embarrassing, no matter who the group is. Maybe I'm just a bit of a snob, but I do sometimes feel ashamed to be associated with certain fans, will never stop me loving rangers, but will maybe mean I avoid certain situation with certain fans...

As much b.s. as it is, this is all the club are doing, to save us the fans and the club any embarrassment and potential ramifications... It's not as if we don't have people waiting to stick the knife in!

We pay our taxes and the authorities were told of the huge numbers that would travel.

They refused to listen and the facilities on offer were unsuitable. As Johnny says, after the game in particular, the organisation was non-existent and it cannot be denied this lack of organisation is as big a contributor to what happened as anything else.

Again, many fans are equally to blame and for that they should be strongly criticised and lessons learned.

In 2 weeks time, the Pope visits Scotland and huge numbers will travel to the organises events. Do we think that will have unsuitable facilities and/or have people been told not to travel? Not in the slightest - in fact they're bending over backwards to make experience a pleasant one for all involved.

We pay our taxes and the authorities were told of the huge numbers that would travel.

They refused to listen and the facilities on offer were unsuitable. As Johnny says, after the game in particular, the organisation was non-existent and it cannot be denied this lack of organisation is as big a contributor to what happened as anything else.

Again, many fans are equally to blame and for that they should be strongly criticised and lessons learned.

In 2 weeks time, the Pope visits Scotland and huge numbers will travel to the organises events. Do we think that will have unsuitable facilities and/or have people been told not to travel? Not in the slightest - in fact they're bending over backwards to make experience a pleasant one for all involved.

The Lord moves in mysterious ways... 20a.jpg

Wasn't a small minority I saw, just about every person I saw was pished. And I'm not castigating the whole support, I'm pointing out one of the reasons why we get treated badly.

We obviously have different recollections. Even so, being drunk isn't a crime.

Edited by Bluedell

Are we not playing down the small fact that a significant amount of our support acted like fucking morons? What happened in Manchester wasn't smoke and mirrors, a MINORTY of our support embarrassed the MAJORITY.

Lets not beat around the bush, a sizable amount of our support are ignorant fuckwits, as with all football clubs. Natural selection tralalalala.

A sizeable amount? I reckon there was around 200,000 bears in Manchester at various different times of the day. I walked about various parts of the city. I was in Piccadilly Gardens and Albert Square. I even ended up at the Lowry hotel. I spoke to loads of bears. Some arrived in the city at lunchtime, stayed for an hour, found it too busy and left again to out-lying towns.

I didn't see any trouble. The well publicised trouble that there was was created by, what, less than 200? (I genuinely don't know the answer to that). How many of them were actually Gers fans? Half? . Even if we double the figures, we seem to have had over 199,000 fans in the city having a good time. Yes, some got drunk, but so what?

We do have fuckwits in our support, but I would strongly disagree that Manchester indicates that there are a "sizable amount" of them.