Brian Laudrup battling cancer!

BTW, maineflyer, great idea about taking out an advert in one of the papers. Hopefully we do actually organise this - I have a paypal account that folks could use if you guys wish to use it.

Actually the wife of one of my work colleagues is Danish so I could ask her if she could find out the biggest natinal paper, price up the cost of an advert for us and also, if needed, translate our message for us ???

BTW, maineflyer, great idea about taking out an advert in one of the papers. Hopefully we do actually organise this - I have a paypal account that folks could use if you guys wish to use it.

Actually the wife of one of my work colleagues is Danish so I could ask her if she could find out the biggest natinal paper, price up the cost of an advert for us and also, if needed, translate our message for us ???

If you have the time and energy to take it on - and the Gersnet team are happy to do so - then it I'm sure everyone would be grateful and supportive. And I think the credit probably belongs with Pete for the idea.

If you have the time and energy to take it on - and the Gersnet team are happy to do so - then it I'm sure everyone would be grateful and supportive. And I think the credit probably belongs with Pete for the idea.

I think any credit should be shared between you and pete - credit where credit is due my man.

At the end of the day, at least for me, the only thing that actually counts is that we, as the Rangers Family, show just how much we care about our own - and especially one who, for me, was the epitome of what we like to call "Rangers Class"

craig, I was going to try and get someone online to translate it, but if you know someone, that would be infinitely better.

MF, as it was your idea initially, would you like to draft a short message and post it here? That way everyone can comment and agree on it, so everyone's involved, and craig can get it translated if possible. In the mean time I'll be able to contact a few Danish newspapers to see how much it will be for an advert of that length.

craig, I was going to try and get someone online to translate it, but if you know someone, that would be infinitely better.

MF, as it was your idea initially, would you like to draft a short message and post it here? That way everyone can comment and agree on it, so everyone's involved, and craig can get it translated if possible. In the mean time I'll be able to contact a few Danish newspapers to see how much it will be for an advert of that length.

I like MFs original post in this thread, especially this sentence in bold.

Can't begin to say how sore this news is. A hell of a lot of bears will be thinking of you tonight Brian. You beat everyone else they put in front of you and you'll beat this too.

I like MFs original post in this thread, especially this sentence in bold.

Can't begin to say how sore this news is. A hell of a lot of bears will be thinking of you tonight Brian. You beat everyone else they put in front of you and you'll beat this too.

Agreed, I think a modified version that included that sentence would be perfect.

I've e-mailed the Copenhagan Post, which is an English language newspaper. I've tried to phrase it delicately so that we're looking at how much an advert would cost but with plenty of scope so that if they happened to say "We would be happy to publish a message of support" that's possible. I think getting a message in is most important so we should get an advert - dependent on how prohibitive cost is - if editorial niceness isn't possible. I'll certainly contribute what I can.

Edited by bmck

Danish for me to write isn't all that hard basically the same as Norwegian but my skills are not fantastic in this area.

The people at the paper said they would be happy to do it, which takes any hassle out of it, but cheers muchly for the offer! :)