Rangers have been dealt another major injury blow after John Fleck was ruled out of action for the rest of the month.

The Ibrox youngster has been crocked since the start of August when he suffered a hamstring injury during a pre-season friendly fixture with Clyde.

Walter Smith was hoping to have the 19-year-old available for this weekend�s clash with Dundee United at Ibrox with Fleck appearing to have made a full recovery from the injury that forced him to miss the start of the new season.

Fleck has been back in full training for the last couple of weeks and he took part in a bounce match against Falkirk earlier this week and managed to come through it unscathed.

But plans to introduce him back into the first team were crushed when the 19-year-old injured the same hamstring that has kept him on the sidelines for the last six weeks on the training field at Murray Park.

The SPL champions are hoping the injury isn�t quite as bad as the original problem, but it is highly unlikely he will be in a position to play any part in Rangers� up-and-coming fixtures as he braces himself for another extended spell out of action.

Fleck was desperate to make a major impact after penning a new deal last term and his efforts in pre-season earned him rave reviews from his boss.

Although Rangers have won their opening four league games and secured a point away to Manchester United as they opened up their Champions League campaign, Smith is keen to inject more creativity into his side.

That is something Fleck possesses, but Rangers will now have to continue without the services of the Scotland Under-21 star as they attempt to nurse him back to full health.

That's an unreal post from someone who I would have thought would know better. That's patronising and I apologise but I am steaming.

No potential? Apart from being able to score from virtually anywhere around the box, none. Apart from being strong enough to deal with defenders some decade older than he is, none. Apart from having the creativity..ach forget it.

If he has it, you'll see it soon enough, and if he doesn't, then you were right.

I sort of agree with Danny tbh. 99% of the time I have seen him play I have been unimpressed.

Just don't really see what everyone else is seeing in him, the way he was talked up by everyone I wasn't expecting a young Rooney but I was expecting even a little bit of quality and I am still yet to see it.

It goes back to the arguement of youth though in that if he is the best prospect coming through atm then I don't understand how people can complain about youth getting a chance. Anyway that is really for another thread, another time.

Hope you get fit soon and prove me and the doubters wrong Flecky.

That's an unreal post from someone who I would have thought would know better. That's patronising and I apologise but I am steaming.

No potential? Apart from being able to score from virtually anywhere around the box, none. Apart from being strong enough to deal with defenders some decade older than he is, none. Apart from having the creativity..ach forget it.

If he has it, you'll see it soon enough, and if he doesn't, then you were right.

One of my all time favourite sentences ever on this forum :)