RST AGM Tomorrow

By proxy, I put forward the suggestion about an RST forum. Dissapointed about their answer and it goes to show they're not the right people to engage the fans although the board member I emailed about a forum does support it.

shoredbear, it wasn't ruled out and it will be up to the team I'm heading up to decide whether we have it. The comment re Facebook was that at the Supporters Direct Conference, many of the other Trusts were using Facebook rather than a forum. The main issue is moderation but it isn't insurmountable.

In these times of financial stringency, it's reassuring to learn the Bank of RST is issuing interest-free loans to members that do not need to be repaid for two years. Luckily for those who need to maintain the fullest confidentiality over their finances, the Bank of RST also uses unique accounting principles to ensure said loans do not appear even in it's own accounts. Rumour has it that you can even defer repayment by the expediency of writing a cheque against funds that do not exist. Clever people, our non-elected representatives in the jolly old RST.

The only cloud on the financial horizon is the change of treasurer, which might signal the Trust's adoption of more orthodox financial practices. Still, if you get in quick, there's �£80,000 unused capital waiting for a home.

Dirty, dirty boys and girls of the Rangers Mistrust, whatever will you do next?

After reading this thread I went back onto �£�£ for the first time in ages , and now I feel dirty , it's all deflect deflect deflect , nothing to read here ,move along now , until someone within the RST wakes up to this cretin and purges him from their ranks they will be destined to continue into obscurity and any hope of fan representation will go with them .

The amount of lickspittles that appeared as one on mass to defend their master was a complete joke , and some of the excuses , sorry answers that were given up were truly pathetic .

MD's interests will aways come before that of Rangers never mind the RST and the sooner some wake up to this fact the better .

PLG:

Can you please summarise the situation with regard to board members not paying monies owed to the organisation for over two years? Further, where does that sit with the accounts of that period?

I'd much prefer we didn't see the mud-slinging we see elsewhere from the usual hounds and approach this very serious issue from a balanced perspective. The Trust board deserve to have their opinion detailed and I'd like to offer you that platform.

PLG:

Can you please summarise the situation with regard to board members not paying monies owed to the organisation for over two years? Further, where does that sit with the accounts of that period?

I'd much prefer we didn't see the mud-slinging we see elsewhere from the usual hounds and approach this very serious issue from a balanced perspective. The Trust board deserve to have their opinion detailed and I'd like to offer you that platform.

He just forgot , but now he's remembered and paid it all back , simples , anyone could do it and thet are all pals after all , but why does it always seem to happen to him , he must be very unfortunate or .............:whistle:

After reading this thread I went back onto �£�£ for the first time in ages , and now I feel dirty , it's all deflect deflect deflect , nothing to read here ,move along now , until someone within the RST wakes up to this cretin and purges him from their ranks they will be destined to continue into obscurity and any hope of fan representation will go with them .

The amount of lickspittles that appeared as one on mass to defend their master was a complete joke , and some of the excuses , sorry answers that were given up were truly pathetic .

MD's interests will aways come before that of Rangers never mind the RST and the sooner some wake up to this fact the better .

It was interesting that Deedle and EoL were asked to substantiated the slurs fed to them but couldn't. Their hypocrisy really was incredible given what we've read today and previously about Trust board members withholding the minutes of meetings with the club so they can be posted on FF first.

It would be funny if it wasn't so serious.

Guest Northampton_loyalist
PLG:

I doubt he will mind this being posted as it ws said in open forum over there....

Happy to answer these questions as fully and clearly as I can.

Back in 2008 I underwrote tables at two Trust events - we had spaces to fill and I filled them and undertook to guarantee the payments as they came in. This was for tables and for some incidental income like an auction prize. �£2,000 for tables at one function, �£670 for the other.

It took me longer than expected to ingather the monies but I paid it back over time - whether or not people paid me; it was a struggle as my own business interests were not thriving at the time but I neither asked for nor was given any discount. In August this year I was informed I still owed �£30 and I paid that. I have now repaid the debt in full and there are no outstanding issues.

A former Secretary attempted to present this debt as a loan to me and hence to paint it as a legal matter over which I should resign. In order to protect the reputation of the trust I voluntarily stood down from my duties to allow independent advice to be taken. This was undertaken by independent Solicitors and subsequently cleared me of any wrongdoing or making any financial gain and I was invited back to the board.

These accusations come from an individual whose sole motivation is nothing other than personal spite and I would never at any time seek to make personal financial gains from my involvement with the trust. I volunteer for the trust to make a difference, not seek personal gain.

At the risk of being called a lickspittle, that sounds reasonable enough and if he has simply underwritten RST 'debts' and paid them over time, there is some irregularity but not for personal gain (the opposite, if anything).

I dont know his or the trusts financial information and I agree that it is probably highly irregular, but from the above it doesnt look like he took anything at all out of the coffers and seemingly paid money in instead.