RST AGM Tomorrow

The Trust will make a statement as soon as they've decided what the truth is .... and found a way to get round it.

You can almost hear the gears grinding from here but it's the smoke coming from the failed treasurer that stings the conscience. Why is she here at all? Is this her allocated beat, her section of the wall to defend? The problem for the implicated is that there's really no alternative to stubborn defence - admit any weakness and the roof caves in - offer cogent debate and ... well the roof falls in there too. Can't even slink away quietly because tat probably leads to rejection by current accomplices, followed by threats to theerson and ridicule if common practice prevails.

The Trust will make a statement as soon as they've decided what the truth is .... and found a way to get round it.

You can almost hear the gears grinding from here but it's the smoke coming from the failed treasurer that stings the conscience. Why is she here at all? Is this her allocated beat, her section of the wall to defend? The problem for the implicated is that there's really no alternative to stubborn defence - admit any weakness and the roof caves in - offer cogent debate and ... well the roof falls in there too. Can't even slink away quietly because tat probably leads to rejection by current accomplices, followed by threats to theerson and ridicule if common practice prevails.

The problem is Maineflyer is that people like you aren't interested in the truth, all you live for is to discredit other people. Your petty name calling is water off a duck's back to me. I didn't want to be treasurer but I took it on an as interim measure to help out until we could get someone suitably qualified to do it. It has taken two years to get that person, not through want of trying. The thing is, it isn't very appealing driving to Glasgow straight from work on a cold November evening to attend a meeting that you know won't finish until after 9 p.m. and then have to go home and cook dinner for your family. It's annoying having to use your summer holidays getting the accounts ready to go to the auditor. It's very easy to sit behind a keyboard and criticise though.

If the big issue in delivering a succesful trust worth supporting is achieving unity it appears there are two ways to get this.

1) Everyone with reservations about the current RST and some of it's key players, most notably MD, shut up deal with the fact they are spearheading the Trust and the aim of fan representation at board level

or

2) MD and or others do the honourable thing and step down/aside or at least take some sort of backseat so that less divisive and questionable people can take the lead and unite the support under the RST banner.

Is it that simple or am I missing something?

Number 1 will not happen anytime soon. Once trust is lost, it is difficult to regain it and would take a long time and a lot of humility.

So as I see it the biggest obstacle for the trust and it's aim of achieving fan unity, in so doing strengthening itself and its aims immeasurably, is the egos of some of the current board. Surely as members of the trust they claim it is all about Rangers and not about themself? :confused: Why not step aside.

Or am I missing something?

Guest TheWorthyEd

This reminds me of an old Western I saw many years ago - so old it was in black and white - anyway, the town was under siege from the massed ranks of the Red Indians (Pawnee if I recall) and the town marshall (probably John Wayne??) get together a posse of local shopkeepers and assorted town businessmen to go out under cover of darkness and find out what the Pawnee tribe were up to.

This 'plg' visitor reminds me of that movie. :D

This reminds me of an old Western I saw many years ago - so old it was in black and white - anyway, the town was under siege from the massed ranks of the Red Indians (Pawnee if I recall) and the town marshall (probably John Wayne??) get together a posse of local shopkeepers and assorted town businessmen to go out under cover of darkness and find out what the Pawnee tribe were up to.

This 'plg' visitor reminds me of that movie. :D

Whereas you're more of a Yul Brynner type? :D

The problem is Maineflyer is that people like you aren't interested in the truth, all you live for is to discredit other people. Your petty name calling is water off a duck's back to me. I didn't want to be treasurer but I took it on an as interim measure to help out until we could get someone suitably qualified to do it. It has taken two years to get that person, not through want of trying. The thing is, it isn't very appealing driving to Glasgow straight from work on a cold November evening to attend a meeting that you know won't finish until after 9 p.m. and then have to go home and cook dinner for your family. It's annoying having to use your summer holidays getting the accounts ready to go to the auditor. It's very easy to sit behind a keyboard and criticise though.

Yes, I've seen you play the old sympathy card several times in the past, usually when you start to run out of credible answers. However, having taken this tack rather than address the issues, let's see what it is you're now attempting to hide behind.

First, you chose to accept a responsibility for which you knew you were unqualified and which you now say you never wanted. Hardly an excuse when the sensible thing to do would have been to refuse the position rather than compromise both the responsibilities of the office, the RST and the membership you represented. Please don't now attempt to obscure the reality with tales of only bravely helping out in a crisis. Whether your intentions were good or bad, the fact is you allowed yourself to assume an important office to which you knew full well you would never be able to bring competence to bear. It's a hell of an admission and one that fully justifies the assertions I've been making.

But hey, it's OK really because you had all these other challenges that should draw sufficient emotional response to deflect any personal blame or liability. You had to travel to meetings and cook food. Perhaps you might just have been aware of these realities before accepting the office or even standing for the RST board? Perhaps it's slightly disingenuous now to offer these rather average hazards as justification for knowingly compromising the organization at the heart of these inconveniences. Sure, you had challenges. Sure, you put in the effort. Sure, November evenings are cold. But please, don't whine and tell me you didn't know all of these things before you stood to represent the members and accept the objectives of the Trust and the need to deliver them.

Isn't the truth that you and several of your RST colleagues have been playing a shameless game of personal acclaim and gratification. Instead of relishing the challenges involved, you offer them as excuses. Isn't is also true that you have personally spent the last few years snubbing every valid enquiry and arguing against every criticism of your dysfunctional group. Instead of taking your responsibilities to the membership seriously, you spent your energies exclusively on defending what everyone else was telling you was a failing shambles. I've watched you fudge and deflect on website after website, hour after hour, when presumably the daily trials had taxed you less than on the occasion of RST meetings. I've witnessed your petty vindictiveness when anyone sought to question the (lack of) actions of the RST.

I make no apology for the personal nature of this. The RST is dying on it's feet, has been for years, and it's all down to the personalized motives of individuals who refused categorically to put the Trust before their own self-interest. This situation hasn't arisen by chance ... but by the conscious actions of people who would listen to no one but their own mutual loyalties and ambitions. People who wouldn't listen to departing colleagues, wouldn't listen to their membership, wouldn't listen to the club. So here's the thing, you made this bed and now it's time to lie in it. The RST is of your making and now we're telling you to accept the responsibility for your own actions and omissions.

If you had a shred of respect forbthe RST you would apologize, resign and answer some of the questions being asked. What you should not on any account do is dig an even deeper hole.