RST AGM Tomorrow

You were the RST lady who spoke with me at the WRC some time back - who came straight out and asked me back into the fold - just after that summer of the mass resignations by various Board members......who guaranteed me that "I'd be kept in the information loop"...."that things would be different"......"honest.......nae' kiddin"......and so on."

You're the lady who has just admitted on here that the post you've just vacated was too much for you (all that traveling and cooking and so on)"

I fail to see what facts or words (above) I've twisted. :confused:

We did have that conversation at the WRC (1st paragraph above) where you did say those things (and more) - you admitted elsewhere on this thread that you weren't up to the task you took on at the RST (second paragraph above) and you referenced travel, cooking, cold weather in November? (Is the exact month that relevant?)

Those were the only places where I referred to your words.

I did add that there is no shame in admitting that a task is too much for you.

Don't feel bad about that - you may have felt pressurised to do it - I don't know, but please don't just reply to this post because you feel I need you to answer, in fact, it would be better if you didn't reply because, as I stated earlier.......put the shovel down and stop digging.

Feel free to correct where I got it wrong.

PS. Nice one with the Davie Cooper collection thing.

Credit where credit is due (No RST pun intended). :)

I didn't want to be treasurer but I took it on an as interim measure to help out until we could get someone suitably qualified to do it. It has taken two years to get that person, not through want of trying. The thing is, it isn't very appealing driving to Glasgow straight from work on a cold November evening to attend a meeting that you know won't finish until after 9 p.m. and then have to go home and cook dinner for your family. It's annoying having to use your summer holidays getting the accounts ready to go to the auditor. It's very easy to sit behind a keyboard and criticise though.

I didn't say I wasn't up to the task. I said I didn't want to do it but nobody else would. My reference to travel etc was to explain why it's not easy to get people to join the Board, not a complaint from me. I don't mind it buts lots of people aren't interested. I never denied the conversation we had in the WRC. People accuse us of not being prepared to build bridges but when we do look what happens. Anyway enjoy your night in the pub. I'll probably stay on here, shovel in hand, just to annoy Maineflyer.

Edited by plgsarmy

Is she a woman? All I can see is a failed ex-treasurer of the RST who's in a state of complete denial about what needs to be done to save the Trust and about her responsibilities in that regard. Male or female doesn't come into it, my quaint Victorian gentleman.

Is she a woman? All I can see is a failed ex-treasurer of the RST who's in a state of complete denial about what needs to be done to save the Trust and about her responsibilities in that regard. Male or female doesn't come into it, my quaint Victorian gentleman.

I know exactly what needs to be done Maineflyer but my views probably differ from yours. I would agree with you that gender doesn't matter, it's just a matter of common courtesy. I would never talk about any Rangers supporter on a public forum the way you have talked about me on this thread, maybe my standards are higher than others. People know who I am and you have questioned my competence, my integrity and much more. Still, whatever floats your boat. At least I have tried to do something to make a difference. What have you done?

I know exactly what needs to be done Maineflyer but my views probably differ from yours. I would agree with you that gender doesn't matter, it's just a matter of common courtesy. I would never talk about any Rangers supporter on a public forum the way you have talked about me on this thread, maybe my standards are higher than others. People know who I am and you have questioned my competence, my integrity and much more. Still, whatever floats your boat. At least I have tried to do something to make a difference. What have you done?

Another cheap Houdini act. It doesn't matter what I have done, I'm not the one with RST responsibilities, you are. I haven't questioned your competence, I've simply pointed out your lack of it, something you have also referred to. Stop trying to play the martyr and focus instead on your record.

How about starting with you claim to know exactly what's required - share your wisdom.

Another cheap Houdini act. It doesn't matter what I have done, I'm not the one with RST responsibilities, you are. I haven't questioned your competence, I've simply pointed out your lack of it, something you have also referred to. Stop trying to play the martyr and focus instead on your record.

How about starting with you claim to know exactly what's required - share your wisdom.

Yet another play on what I said and a deflection on the main point made. Yeah, I'll discuss Trust strategy on here with you - not.

Who would want to be a trust board member after all this mud slinging & BS? Jeez, mind and polish your shoes Trust board guys n gals!

Not sticking up for anyone, but this whole thing is not only OTT ('over the top'), but getting rediculous & I don't mean the Trust !!!!

What a shambles!

Edited by Zappa
typo

It is a sad reflection on modern society to see a woman being the target on this board, if you have no respect for yourselves at least have respect for the fairer sex, far be it from me to save anyone's bacon :devil: but manners maketh the man.

Good on you, my feelings as well.

Guest TheWorthyEd
I didn't want to be treasurer but I took it on an as interim measure to help out until we could get someone suitably qualified to do it. It has taken two years to get that person, not through want of trying. The thing is, it isn't very appealing driving to Glasgow straight from work on a cold November evening to attend a meeting that you know won't finish until after 9 p.m. and then have to go home and cook dinner for your family. It's annoying having to use your summer holidays getting the accounts ready to go to the auditor. It's very easy to sit behind a keyboard and criticise though.

I didn't say I wasn't up to the task. I said I didn't want to do it but nobody else would. My reference to travel etc was to explain why it's not easy to get people to join the Board, not a complaint from me. I don't mind it buts lots of people aren't interested. I never denied the conversation we had in the WRC. People accuse us of not being prepared to build bridges but when we do look what happens. Anyway enjoy your night in the pub. I'll probably stay on here, shovel in hand, just to annoy Maineflyer.

"I didn't want to be treasurer but I took it on an as interim measure to help out until we could get someone suitably qualified."

I hate to be pedantic, but here's what you wrote (above).

The underlined bit would, to any layman, suggest that you are admitting that you weren't qualified for the job (not up to the task?). Why you did so is your business, but if you felt that a more suitably qualified person was needed, I'm surprised that it took two years for the RST Board to fill that slot, given that it is a vital cog in any organisation.

That begs the question: "What took them so long?" - but hey, I'll let that one go. :)

I have no wish to make this a personal attack (if it appears - Oops, sorry!) but in the interests of the RST in general might I suggest that, if offered something that you feel you aren't up to - please decline it and let them find someone else.

If they can't, then they themselves should look in the mirror and ask questions as to whether they are doing the RST a service by remaining in situ.

That is all.

Have a nice day now.