RST AGM Tomorrow

Who would want to be a trust board member after all this mud slinging & BS? Jeez, mind and polish your shoes Trust board guys n gals!

Not sticking up for anyone, but this whole thing is not only OTT ('over the top'), but getting rediculous & I don't mean the Trust !!!!

What a shambles!

It was a shambles four years ago. That nothing has been done in the meantime to sort it out is what you might want to focus your distaste on. So you feel uncomfortable with confrontation, what do you propose? Should we assess the situation again in another four years? Perhaps death and taxes will have done the job for us.

But hey, as long as we're duly chivalrous in the process and treat a fair damsel in the manner becoming, we'll have all done our bit, dontcha know.

It was a shambles four years ago. That nothing has been done in the meantime to sort it out is what you might want to focus your distaste on. So you feel uncomfortable with confrontation, what do you propose? Should we assess the situation again in another four years?

Well, someone forgetting to pay back some cash they're due (what was it �£30?) is no more of an issue than the person responsible for reminding them about it taking so long to do so. How big an issue is this though? Within most companies (even the best run ones) a similar situation regarding a similarly small amount of cash wouldn't be much of an issue at all. The cause of missing money would be tracked down & sorted out eventually then that would be the end of it. The director who'd forgotten to give the accounts department �£30 he owed for something wouldn't be asked to resign over the issue and nor would the bookkeeper or person responsible in accounts no matter whether they were self-serving imbiciles or not. On top of that, even if it was a badly failing company hanging on to survival by a thread, the better of the company directors wouldn't be up in arms along with half the company shareholders over a 'forgotten-about' or 'misplaced' �£30 now would they???

Yes, the RST has become more and more of a joke, but all this fuss over a few (probably genuinely) forgotten about sheckles is a joke too. Why couldn't you just have done the job properly and quietly with the aid of an assassin or a hooker and some video tapes? :fish:

Well, someone forgetting to pay back some cash they're due (what was it �£30?) is no more of an issue than the person responsible for reminding them about it taking so long to do so. How big an issue is this though? Within most companies (even the best run ones) a similar situation regarding a similarly small amount of cash wouldn't be much of an issue at all. The cause of missing money would be tracked down & sorted out eventually then that would be the end of it. The director who'd forgotten to give the accounts department �£30 he owed for something wouldn't be asked to resign over the issue and nor would the bookkeeper or person responsible in accounts no matter whether they were self-serving imbiciles or not. On top of that, even if it was a badly failing company hanging on to survival by a thread, the better of the company directors wouldn't be up in arms along with half the company shareholders over a 'forgotten-about' or 'misplaced' �£30 now would they???

Yes, the RST has become more and more of a joke, but all this fuss over a few (probably genuinely) forgotten about sheckles is a joke too. Why couldn't you just have done the job properly and quietly with the aid of an assassin or a hooker and some video tapes? :fish:

Is it about �£30 or �£3000? I think you're way off the mark.

I thought it was about an RST board that has achieved the square root of zip and the incompetents that have been responsible ... and far worse, who block every avenue to change. And about the belief that an effective RST could be a voice for all fans and a means of communicating with the club we support. That's what I would like to see but before any of that can come about we must change the current mess - not tolerate or ignore it but change it. As for the dear damsel that Wabash seems all exercised about, she has been as culpable as any of them and represents exactly the intransigence we need to deal with. Wabash can spend his time picking up her handkerchief but it won't help anyone.

I thought it was about an RST board that has achieved the square root of zip and the incompetents that have been responsible ... and far worse, who block every avenue to change. And about the belief that an effective RST could be a voice for all fans and a means of communicating with the club we support. That's what I would like to see but before any of that can come about we must change the current mess - not tolerate or ignore it but change it. As for the dear damsel that Wabash seems all exercised about, she has been as culpable as any of them and represents exactly the intransigence we need to deal with. Wabash can spend his time picking up her handkerchief but it won't help anyone.

Best of luck with seeing all those hopes and aspirations fullfilled. My only hope is that Rangers FC never ends up being owned by the fans & that's what a Trust is all about.

Best of luck with seeing all those hopes and aspirations fullfilled. My only hope is that Rangers FC never ends up being owned by the fans & that's what a Trust is all about.

Would you want a club owned by a fans group which had MD involved , mind you transfer business would be interesting !!!!!!!!:whistle:

I was brought up in the school of thought that was treat all females as you would expect others to treat your mother and sisters, for that I make no apologies,

I am sure the lady in question is well able to defend herself admirably.

I have to agree with you about the club being owned by the fans. It's not something I support or expect ever to see.

The Trust should be about whatever we decide it to be about - there is nothing to say it has to be about owning the club, although that could certainly be one of the possible outcomes. In my opinion it should actually be about building bridges between the fans and the club, about having a democratic system of consultation that genuinely allows supporter opinion to be voiced at board level - and, if necessary, to organise supporters protest where club owners take a direction that is contrary to the interests of most of those in the stands.

At the moment we have none of these things. The current RST is an agent for division and factionalism.

The simple way for fans/customers voices to be heard at board level, is the same for all business's, refusal to purchase the product.

I will expect the usual "but it will hurt the club" objections...........so carry on buying something that many don't think is value/fair and want changed.......even the longest journey starts with a single step.

The simple way for fans/customers voices to be heard at board level, is the same for all business's, refusal to purchase the product.

I will expect the usual "but it will hurt the club" objections...........so carry on buying something that many don't think is value/fair and want changed.......even the longest journey starts with a single step.

You won't hear any such objections from me.

I think those defending PLG from criticism because she is a woman are probably more disrespectful to her than those who treat her according to her role. She handles large sums of money, and put herself forward for a position of leadership - to single her out for chivalry is more condescending than gentlemanly. That said, it does seem uncouth how much aggro she's getting, but given that the questions are pretty much fair on the most part, I think the real question is why she's been left to plough such a lonely furrow on her own. Where's UCB and other Trust supporters to argue the Trust's side?