ALEXANDER hopes to put pen to paper within next ten days

More...

NEIL ALEXANDER is hoping to put pen to paper on a new deal at Rangers within the next ten days.

The keeper and his agent have been in discussions with the Club for two months and have almost reached an agreement on a possible three-year extension.

Neil, 32, has expressed his desire to stay at Ibrox and boss Walter Smith wants him to do the same.

Speaking today at Murray Park, Alexander said: "It's a great confidence booster for myself to know that I am wanted at Rangers.

"The manager is keen to extend my deal so I must be doing something right.

"It's fantastic to be at a club like this and I have been fortunate enough to play in four cup finals and in Old Firm games.

"I am very proud to be a part of what's going on at Rangers and why would I ever want to leave?

"I am very happy on and off the pitch and I love coming in to work every day.

"We have a great bunch of lads and we are challenging for cups and league medals and playing in the Champions League.

"It's fantastic to be at a club like this."

Walter Smith said: "Neil has had half a season when Allan was out injured then he had a spell when we won the championship in 2009.

"He has also been involved in cup finals.

"So he has had a fair share of games and I think he appreciates the circumstances.

"Allan has been excellent for us and it's been difficult for Neil but hopefully he will sign a new contract with us soon.

"Talks have been ongoing now for a few months now and we are hopeful that he will stay with us."

Edited by Frankie

D'you reckon he'll have to, before long?

Depends if there is any reasonable offer for McGregor which there has not been. Except from a loan bid on the last day of the January window from Tottenham. It was when we could not replace him and the price was poor.

Might not of been true but I do remember seeing that.