Scotland squad v Czech Republic/Spain

Hutton's form at that point didn't warrant him a place in front of Bardsley

I disagree. That "poor" Hutton was still better than Bardsley and Hutton's excellent form began before Smith arrived. PLG hurt his recovery from injury. Ranks alongside other daft decisions like buying and playing the french keeper when he already had a better one.

I disagree. That "poor" Hutton was still better than Bardsley and Hutton's excellent form began before Smith arrived. PLG hurt his recovery from injury. Ranks alongside other daft decisions like buying and playing the french keeper when he already had a better one.

Hutton's form was poor at the start of that season (he was a bit of a whipping boy at that point) and PLG could not be blamed for giving Bardsley a game at that point. Bardsley only started 7 games for us over an 8 week period so I don't see that his inclusion had much of an impact on Hutton.

Bardsley did have some good performances during his 7 games IIRC. Hearts and Aberdeen spring to mind, although I was in hospitality for the Aberdeen game. :drink:

I don't recall Hutton hitting much form under PLG even though he played in a majority of games under him, but he seemed a different man as soon as Walter reappeared.

You're right, Hutton was a whipping boy. But that says more about or fans and in particular the online community than it does about Hutton or his performances. It took a large percentage of fans until about March to recognise he was playing well, when he'd been outstanding since about Novemeber. Many of our fans are slow to admit their mistakes. Not a dig at you btw.

My argument at the time is the same as now. A so called poor Hutton (he wasn't at his best but was still ok) was better than what Bardsley offered.

This was aptly highlighted when watching one of the Europ qualifiers when the oppositions tactic was to hit diagonal balls on top of Bardsley all day to take advantage of his lack of height. The taller Hutton would've been more able to nullify that tactic.

Caldwell in even though he hasnt played this season and Miller dropped when he is in the form of his life - :confused:

Im trying to work out this 4-2-2-2 with the team being named:

_____________________McGregor___________________

Hutton_________Weir___________McManus____Whittaker

_____________Caldwell________Fletcher______________

_____________Dorrans________Morrison______________

_______________Naismith_____Mackie________________

Cant he just say its a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1.

Very smart move from Levein. Play a formation that no one uses at club level therefore the players running about wondering what the feck they're role in the team is. :confused:

Wasn't Bardsley sent off for us during his short spell?

Bardsley was sent off against Hibs and missed the game against them.

I have to say why the hell is Levein experimenting? Stick to what they know although dropping Broon was wise, bringing in Caldwell was so so wrong.

Bardsley was sent off against Hibs and missed the game against them.

I have to say why the hell is Levein experimenting? Stick to what they know although dropping Broon was wise, bringing in Caldwell was so so wrong.

Broon9 pulled out through injury. If he had been fit, he'd have played.