Scotland squad v Czech Republic/Spain

CRAIG LEVEIN is ready to sensationally AXE in-form Kenny Miller for the Euro 2012 crunch in Prague.

SunSport understands Scotland gaffer Levein will hand a shock debut to QPR rookie Jamie Mackie.

Delighted if this is true, even if I can't quite understand it from Levein's point of view.

Delighted if this is true, even if I can't quite understand it from Levein's point of view.

Agreed. It's a very strange decision if it's true. There's no quotes in that article though so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

Dont believe a word of that from the Sun. No way will Levein drop Miller. If he does he is a bigger clown that I thought he was. The only reason would be to rest him for the Spain game but as the Czech one is more winnable we should be going for 3 pts there.

CRAIG LEVEIN lost the plot yesterday - after SunSport got it RIGHT on his controversial decision to axe Kenny Miller.

We exclusively revealed that the red-hot Rangers striker is OUT of the line-up for tomorrow's clash with the Czech Republic in Prague.

Scotland boss Levein will turn to Queens Park Rangers rookie Jamie Mackie rather than hand Miller his 50th cap. That decision is Levein's, it's his right to make it.

Where he is 100 per cent WRONG is to accuse this newspaper of wanting Scotland to LOSE simply because we broke the story all the others wanted.

That's what happened at Glasgow Airport yesterday when Levein railed at our Chief Football Writer, Roger Hannah.

He rapped: "What I am annoyed at is that I question sometimes whether people in your profession are actually interested in whether we win or not.

"This story came from people who, in the past, I've been as honest as I can with - and that makes me really angry.

"And I'm talking to you, Roger."

Let's get one thing straight here. This paper is a staunch SUPPORTER of both Levein and Scotland.

He was the man we championed after the disastrous reign of George Burley.

But our first responsibility is to our loyal Tartan Army of readers who have made us Scotland's best-selling paper.

Our job is to bring you the big stories FIRST. That's exactly what we did here.

Levein has doubts over the fitness of a trio of players and the final 4-2-2-2 line-up will be decided when those issues are settled.

Yet there is one thing there can be NO doubt about.

Miller has been told he will NOT start in Prague.

Levein insisted: "I'm not going to talk about the team.

"But I can assure you that the team hasn't been picked."

Again, SunSport never once said it had been.

We published a LIKELY line-up alongside our exclusive, hardly a crime.

Levein added: "I had a discussion with Kenny this morning about what happened and he was honest enough to tell me.

"It's been as a result of an article he'd done. It was an innocent error.

"But my job is to pick the team that I think has the best chance of success."

SunSport wants your team to succeed too, Craig.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/3169030/We-got-it-spot-on-about-Miller-axe.html#ixzz11dw9uopl

Whats this 4-2-2-2 going to look lke? Does it contain wingers?

IMO Levein was never right for the job, well out of his depth at international level! He needs to get 3, 4 or 6 points to begin to convince me he can do the job long term. 3 points would mean we have beaten 1 of the them and a defeat against Spain is likely anyway, 4 pts would be terrific and 6 outstanding!

Yet coming away unbeaten with 2 points/draws away to Czech and against the World Champs wouldnt be bad but Scotland needs to qualify for a tournament again.