Pull players out of Scotland squad

As I said in another thread, what do fans want? Better ties before CL games to prepare or easier games after?

I dont think the fixture list would allow home games both before and after Cl games, and seen as the fixture list is made before all SPL clubs got knocked out - what we should expect is support from the SPL to prepare BEFORE CL games IMO.

We didnt get that this week, it was rank awful having to go to Pittodrie on a SUnday then Hearts on Sat lunch time, but we gave the middle finger to that. However we have 4 HOME games before our remaining CL ties all to be played on Saturdays.....if they were away games we'd be complaining we are getting tough matches to not prepare us right.

No pleasing some people.

I have found over the last few years that the games AFTER the European games are when the players feel it the most, the performances tend to suffer, and points dropped. It is also stating the obvious that away games in our league are still difficult fixtures, whilst home fixtures tend to be easier won.

Just my opinion mind, but going to watch the team live every single week, and closely monitoring this over the last few years is where I get my opinion from.

With that in mind, of course it would be some small concession if we were allowed to move our games to saturday lunchtime (Friday night anyone?), before Euro games, and Sunday afternoon after Euro games. Wether these games are at home or away is a separate matter, but one I would have no argument with if it was at the very least balanced equally, 3 and 3.

Unfortunately, the real world is very alien to these pampered prima donnas, and I have no doubt they actually buy into this "too many games, too tired, fixture pile-up" nonsense that the papers produce in spades every year. Not helped by managers who keep banging on about "long hard season" and "need to keep players fresh" and "a squad game now".

Yes the game is more physical and much faster than it was in bygone days of yore, but (its on the 12th.....sorry, got sidetracked there!) but I cant buy for one minute that a game where the one sub named was only used in case of injury, and not a wee kick on the leg injury, but a broken bone or torn muscle injury, just 40 years ago, could have changed to one where, like in the last 2 games, I am screaming for the manager to make changes because some of our players, having played less than a dozen games since a 3 month break, are looking "tired".

More physical as in the players need to be fitter, the game is faster and more physically demanding than the good old days. Not physical as in when tackling was allowed and if someone kicked you, you got up right away to show you weren't hurt and stared at the guy that done it in a "i'll get you back" type way.

Physical cos they run aboot chasin the baw like weans up the park :fish: , mibees they should heed the words of the great man Shanks..................."let the baw dae the work" :spl:

An how more demanding does a gemme last 4 hours or something noo, or is it still two halfs of 45 min......

Physical cos they run aboot chasin the baw like weans up the park :fish: , mibees they should heed the words of the great man Shanks..................."let the baw dae the work" :spl:

An how more demanding does a gemme last 4 hours or something noo, or is it still two halfs of 45 min......

Exactly. Players don't even play every game these days (except Sir Davie of Weir but he's Sir Davie of Weir). I wonder what players of the past make of the likes of Fernando Torres running up the tunnel 20 mins in because of the slightest of niggles that he won't even try running off.

On a different note, I've long advocated pulling Rangers players out of the Scotland squad for political reasons. We get pissed on by the SPL with regards to fixture scheduling season after season, we get no help with our European campaigns even though we have single-handedly kept the national coefficient above water for years, and we lose a couple of players every season to long-term injury thanks to the lack of protection we get from referees. And they want a loan of half our team 6-8 times a season? F*ck off.