Pull players out of Scotland squad

The way I see it is that the majority of SPL clubs don't give a shit about our fixture pile-up due to European games because most of them either aren't in European competition at all year-in-year-out or they are pumped out before our SPL season is properly under way. There's just no way that most of them would agree to be flexible with fixtures unless they were essentially bribed or forced into it. They'll likely see it that they have a hard enough time competing with us as it is, nevermind giving us flexibility to adjust fixtures due to our European games. Just trying to imagine things from their perspective.

And who can blame them, which is exactly why we need to think about our own perspective now and again. We don't want to bring the house down but we deserve and could easily be given a modicum of accommodation for the national contribution of playing in the CL.

The other SPL clubs take pride in beating us and will never helps us out, so not much we can do but just keep on winning and lifting trophies while they stay in obscurity. Tv money for the small clubs means that they will refuse to move a game from a lucrative pay day as well.

And who can blame them, which is exactly why we need to think about our own perspective now and again. We don't want to bring the house down but we deserve and could easily be given a modicum of accommodation for the national contribution of playing in the CL.

Aye, the coefficient has gone to pot and helping us out slightly might actually help them out, e.g. more European places, whether they perform or not is another matter...

I totally agree MF, but my point is that when you take the other clubs' perspective into account you're looking at a situation where they'd need to either be bribed (offered compensation) or simply forced into agreeing to accomodate our need for a little fixture flexibility. They won't agree willingly unless forced or there's something in it for them.

The demise of the defunct CIS cup would help for a start , however the flip side is that for some clubs the money they get fromit is essential , its a bit damned if we do damned if we dont scenario

The perfect response to the ridiculous arrangement of the fixtures that can see us having back to back difficult away games, with a CL match sandwiched in between, was to go out and win the lot, which we have done.

Bring it on SPL, bring it on:box:

Still to come in our totally impartial and luck of the draw fixture list are the following fixtures after big CL matches

After Valencia at home we play the Tims away

After Valencia away we play St Mirren away

After Man United at home we play Dundee Utd away

After Bursaspor away we play Inverness away

Of course our fixtures mirror the tims fixtures, and so therefore if they had qualified for the CL (no laughing at the back) or even the Europa (I said no laughing) they would have had home games to come back to after their Euro games every time from here on.

Now while Timmy, Motherwell, United and Hibs all had the Euro campaigns as pre-season games, only one team had definate fixtures planned for the autumn, so surely it would be simple enough for the super-duper SPL mega-computer to work out a fairer call for our representative.

I would have been happy with 3 home and 3 away, I dont want special favours from anyone, just a fair and equal playing field, and our talent and desire will do the rest.

But please drop all the nonsense that the SPL/SFA want our clubs to do well in Europe, as everything they could do in 2008 to disrupt our campaign was done, and it looks like the same again this season.

But please drop all the nonsense that the SPL/SFA want our clubs to do well in Europe, as everything they could do in 2008 to disrupt our campaign was done, and it looks like the same again this season.

I don't think you see anybody here saying that the SPL/SFA are doing any favours at all, we all know that the fixtures are generally screwed up and as you say we are the only team guaranteed at least 6 matches but do they take that into consideration, not at all.

After Valencia at home we play the Tims away

After Valencia away we play St Mirren away

After Man United at home we play Dundee Utd away

After Bursaspor away we play Inverness away

As I said in another thread, what do fans want? Better ties before CL games to prepare or easier games after?

I dont think the fixture list would allow home games both before and after Cl games, and seen as the fixture list is made before all SPL clubs got knocked out - what we should expect is support from the SPL to prepare BEFORE CL games IMO.

We didnt get that this week, it was rank awful having to go to Pittodrie on a SUnday then Hearts on Sat lunch time, but we gave the middle finger to that. However we have 4 HOME games before our remaining CL ties all to be played on Saturdays.....if they were away games we'd be complaining we are getting tough matches to not prepare us right.

No pleasing some people.

Gribz, Continental Hangover is a recognised thing, though. There's no excuse for not winning an away game before a European night. Before and after is a bit much, but before is definitely better than after. A trip to Pittodrie, other than how thoroughly depressing it is to be there in amongst the even toed ungulate 'umpers, is not going to tire you out in the same way a European night is. On the day after an Aberdeen game you're only try to shake off the depression of having been there, not the actual bodily exhaustion and drain of a big European game.

I don't think you see anybody here saying that the SPL/SFA are doing any favours at all, we all know that the fixtures are generally screwed up and as you say we are the only team guaranteed at least 6 matches but do they take that into consideration, not at all.

It was aimed at the powers that be at the SPL/SFA, not us who can see through their pathetic attempts to portray neutrality.