Pull players out of Scotland squad

Walter says we get no accommodation for playing in Europe. Callers to Traynor's Your Call programme suggest pulling the seven Rangers players out of the Scotland squad on the basis we can't afford to have a limited Rangers squad taxed even more. Whether there's a means to do so or not, it wouldn't half send a clear message that the pendulum swings in both directions.

The only problem with that is Levein could , within his rights due to UEFA reg's , stop them playing in our next game .

Some of the tackling today was brutal at best

The only problem with that is Levein could , within his rights due to UEFA reg's , stop them playing in our next game .

Some of the tackling today was brutal at best

It will never happen of course but voicing the threat alone would spill a few gins over at SFA Towers.

As a Scotland fan I would not want that to happen as I want our best squad available.

However, surely any reasonable request to move some fixtures around would not be refused? I do wonder about our approach to getting the SFA to give us a few breaks. Have we actually approached the SFA/SPL about moving some fixtures or are we just having a wee moan about the powers that be because they do not just doing this sort of thing as a matter of course? It seems that other nations bend over backwards to help their clubs in european competition so from a national perspective, surely the SFA/SPL need to take a step back and work out what is best for all Scottish clubs as I don't think this is the sort of thing that can be done on an ad-hoc basis... An approach needs to be agreed by all clubs in advance of the season - otherwise we are in danger of going down the "sporting integrity" BS line spouted by Lawell in 2008.

As a Scotland fan I would not want that to happen as I want our best squad available.

However, surely any reasonable request to move some fixtures around would not be refused? I do wonder about our approach to getting the SFA to give us a few breaks. Have we actually approached the SFA/SPL about moving some fixtures or are we just having a wee moan about the powers that be because they do not just doing this sort of thing as a matter of course? It seems that other nations bend over backwards to help their clubs in european competition so from a national perspective, surely the SFA/SPL need to take a step back and work out what is best for all Scottish clubs as I don't think this is the sort of thing that can be done on an ad-hoc basis... An approach needs to be agreed by all clubs in advance of the season - otherwise we are in danger of going down the "sporting integrity" BS line spouted by Lawell in 2008.

The way I see it is that the majority of SPL clubs don't give a shit about our fixture pile-up due to European games because most of them either aren't in European competition at all year-in-year-out or they are pumped out before our SPL season is properly under way. There's just no way that most of them would agree to be flexible with fixtures unless they were essentially bribed or forced into it. They'll likely see it that they have a hard enough time competing with us as it is, nevermind giving us flexibility to adjust fixtures due to our European games. Just trying to imagine things from their perspective.