I don't know how you can judge players who've only played a few games. To say they have failed and the manager should be blamed means you are either clairvoyant, jumping the gun or maybe you're more qualified than the Rangers scouts?

Hateley took a year to settle into the Rangers team and became a legend.

Sebo and Sionko have shown they can play and score at international level, so I'd say they have a good chance to become good players for Rangers but need games to show us that.

Svensson is taking longer as he's played 8 games, but we bought a 22 year old foreigner whom we knew wasn't the finished product.

You are being way overly harsh and I don't remember this kind of unreasonable criticism from you when Eck was around.

So, players like Emerson, Capucho, Jeffers et al were given time before being described as duds, not Rangers class etc? All of them had shown at previous clubs and at international level that they were 'decent buys' but failed to deliver at Rangers.

As for Svensson, I said when he signed that he would be a squad player at best, as he was young, untested at this level and 'raw'. I was rubbished and was told that he would be a first choice player and a good one at that. I may not be a Rangers scout but I think I can tell when a centre-half is rotten in the air and cant pass a ball 10 yards. Andrews was better than the current 2 centres he have. Papac will be an improvement if he ever gets to play at centre-half.

As the personnel have changed significantly as have the training regime and tactics, I would say that these are not the same problems as last season, new similar problems but not the same old ones.

Bullshit, its the exact same problems - we cannot defend, we cannot kill teams off, we cannot retain the ball from a throw-in and we are no longer creating chances - the exact same problems we had last season.

How can you say we are not scoring goals, when I think I am correct in saying that we are top scorers in the league? I've seen some pretty good passing as well but do agree our defence looks a bit shaky especially from crosses.

Well, I'll take all back - maybe we will get a prize at the end of the season for being the top scorers in the league - I'd rather have the leafue title thanks. We aren't scoring enough goals as we are drawing games. We have to score 3-4 goals per-game to ensure that we win...

Could he not be saving these players from burnout before the crucial OF game?

What, supposed fit, professional players are 'burnt out' after 8 games? Jeez, we are in trouble - imagine the state of them after 20 games.

But usually you audit the accounts at the end of the financial year - or in this case the season...

So if we lose the next 3 games, we shouldn't 'audit' the accounts a bit early then? Maybe if Mr Murray had edited the accounts more frequently recently we wouldn't have gotten �£70+M in debt and had to suffer AM for the last part of last season - its called 'good house-keeping' or 'internal audits' a practice adhered to by successful businesses

Cammy F

agreed. but i think this is part of cammy's plan to show that the criticism of eck was, itself, unreasonable.

Eck was given 4 years. Surely PLG deserves more than 4 weeks.

Under Eck we could not put three passes together at least in some games we have played some good football.

Did Fergie play in the 1-1 draw at DAFC? Or in the 2-2 draws with Killie and DUFC? To say that this run of poor form is somehow down to 1 player is laughable. This has been coming for weeks - we have only managed to win 3 games this season and have been getting steadly worse week after week.

His signings, Clement apart look to have been bad business - none have shown anything that suggests that they will improve (by God I hope I am wrong) and he continually tinkers with the team. He has this season, already dropped out top scorer, most creative player and our most consistant midfield player, whilst continually playing 2 centre-defenders that can't head a fookin ball.

Cammy F

I don't think i said Fergie was the only problem but he is the major problem imo. As for one player making a huge difference, that is very possible if he is the man pulling the strings. If you take the keystone out of a bridge it will fall down. If your midfield are not picking up their opposite numbers then it means the defence then has to make decisions on who to mark,meaning they come too late, which makes the defender look bad. Fergie does not pick up runners he stands and watches them hoping the defence will pick them up. That is nothing to do with his injury that is his mentality, he has always done it.

Not by sections of the fans he wasn't....

Cammy F

cammy, criticising the new manager after 4 weeks because some sections of the support done it to eck is as silly as muslims starting a fit of violence in disgust at the pope saying their religion was violent. ;)

I don't think i said Fergie was the only problem but he is the major problem imo. As for one player making a huge difference, that is very possible if he is the man pulling the strings. If you take the keystone out of a bridge it will fall down. If your midfield are not picking up their opposite numbers then it means the defence then has to make decisions on who to mark,meaning they come too late, which makes the defender look bad. Fergie does not pick up runners he stands and watches them hoping the defence will pick them up. That is nothing to do with his injury that is his mentality, he has always done it.

Cannot agree - BF carried Rangers for a few seasons, played on whilst UNFIT and drove us to at least 2 SPL victories. His positive contributions far outweigh his 'negative' contributions. I would drop him and put in in the reserves until he is fully fit - then he would be an automatic choice for me.

I think last season proved that you can not play in teh SPL with only 2 midfiled players. Fergie was outstanding for us when played in a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 formation - this allowed him to dictate play, burst into the box and score goals.

Will PLG alter his preferred 4-2-3-1 formation? I very much doubt it.

Cammy F

cammy, criticising the new manager after 4 weeks because some sections of the support done it to eck is as silly as muslims starting a fit of violence in disgust at the pope saying their religion was violent. ;)

I know, but surely if its good for the goose its good for gander. :)

It is worth remembering that Eck was hugely successful in hist first 2 seasons - a cup double (whilst the league was already lost) followed by a domestic treble and this still wasn't good enough for some fans...

Cammy F

I hope he is baldy as he will spend a lot of time pulling his hair out over the next 3 years.;)

I'm not sure why you doubt it. If its not working, he'll change it. He changed it on Sunday with 15 minutes to go, changing to a 4-4-2.

But by then it was too late - he should have changed it after Hibs took the lead as it was obvious we were struggling. It took us 68 minutes to have a shot on goal - 68 fookin minutes....

I hope he is baldy as he will spend a lot of time pulling his hair out over the next 3 years.

No I am not baldy and I won't pull it out - I have witnessed Rangers in worse situations than this and frankly, the off field problems are still more of a concern to this Bear than the current on-field performances.

Cammmy F