He did not even look like he was trying and was being outplayed by SPL journeymen.
And the same can be said for PLG's signings after Sunday's performance. Two goals from a 2nd division reject and a centre-half from the same division shackled our �£1.8 million pounds superstar...

When you have a car that breaks its gearbox and then get another car that breaks its gearbox - it does not mean you have failed to fix the old car - it is not the same problem, it is a similar problem. However, it does mean you have to fix the new car.

I don't know what your comparison is - this isn't a Rover 400 compared to a Ford Focus, this is Rangers Football Club - the same club it was last season and we still have the same problems. Maybe if my gear box kept breaking in my cars, I would think that maybe the gear box wasn't to blame, maybe it was the driver that was to blame....

Eh, so I've proved you wrong and you "change the game"... Good bit of diversion there. Maybe you don't realise that being the highest scorers and champions is not mutually exclusive?

It seems to me that your analysis is wrong, we are not drawing games due to lack of goals, more by letting in cheap ones at the back.

How have you proved me wrong? We have lost 1 game and drawn 3 - I said that this was down to us not scoring enough goals - against DUFC we could and should have scored 10 goals - if we had converted half those clear-cut chances - we would have won 5-2. Same story at Killie. So how am I wrong?

We've got two games a week for a while and you're against resting players while getting others up to fitness and trying out new players while a new team is being formed.

We'll have 2 games a week from now to the end of the season due to Europe, Internationals, league games etc. This is not an excuse for not having a settled team. Nor for players having 'burn-out'. Try going to your work and asking for time out because you are 'burnt-out' and see what your Boss says.

You definitely act like one of those "fickle old firm fans" who would rather put a win today before long term success. A manager with a new team has to tinker at the beginning and plan for the long term.

Yes, I'm a fickle fan - thats why I have had a season ticket at Ibrox for 25 consecutive years - that is why I have followed Rangers thro think and thin and that is why I'd still be there week in week out if we were in the 2nd division - I am extremely fickle me.... I have already stated that I would give up 3-5 years of success if it meant Rangers were to fix all our problems. The trouble is that they aren't - we are still a rudderless ship floundering in the water and the on-field problems are only a tiny % of our troubles at the moment. I wanted all the money we have to be put into Youth Development - very short-term of me,

No, a new manager with an impeccable record needs time for his influence to count. We are not a club who have 3 different managers in a season and nor would I want us to become one.

He also needs the tools around him to succeed and under DM he will never have that (money to buy is 'first choice' players and a working, financed and successful Youth Set-Up - like he had at Lyon).

Cammy F

cammy, it seems to me you can't harp on about using young and under experienced players against plg, and not be considered a short termist. it seems to me you can't be against tinkering with a team at the beginning of a manager's tenure, and not be a short termist.

a case of having your cake and eating it, i think, as stupid as that saying is.

cammy, it seems to me you can't harp on about using young and under experienced players against plg, and not be considered a short termist. it seems to me you can't be against tinkering with a team at the beginning of a manager's tenure, and not be a short termist.

a case of having your cake and eating it, i think, as stupid as that saying is.

When have I said that? I have supported all our managers who have lowered the average age of the side / squad. The only player I have lambasted for being 'raw' is Svensson. I firmly believe that I am correct - at the moment, he is not 'first team' material. After some coaching, reserve outings, etc he may well be.

All PLG's sigings that are being played in the first team have experience, some at international level - so I don't understand what you are getting at.

Cammy F

What, taking pain-killing injections and playing thro a painfull injury and helping your team (thro great performances and goals) is making excuses? I wish that some of our other players would make the same excuses instead of hiding in the treatment room.

He was not playing very good the year he was taking all the injections. Admittedly Eck not buying a leftsided midfielder didn't help him. Many games in that year the other teams walked over over our midfield . Barry being injured and having to cover so much ground was to blame as far as i can remember.

No they weren't - if they were better than us, they would have won the league - they didn't we did...

They played better football than us, and probably lost because of their run in Europe.

They played better football than us, and probably lost because of their run in Europe.

What run in Europe did they have in the Helicopter Sunday season? Maybe played 'better football' but couldn't amass more points than we did.... IIRC, they got 1 less point than we did....

He was not playing very good the year he was taking all the injections.

Different memories for me that season then - IMO if it weren't for BF that season we wouldn't have been in a position to win the league on the last day of the season.

Cammy F

also, the idea that plg is playing tried and tested internationals is a joke - steven smith, bardsley/hutton, svensson, clement, martin, burke and adam, all form a central part of our first team where they have never before. all youngsters, all getting played.

Off course I do - just don't think that he has the right tools at his disposal to be a major success (just like AM TBH).

Dick Advocaat was the last Rangers manager to have anything like the 'tools' and IMO we were to quick to sack him. If we haf allowed him to oversee the Youth Set Up for a few years, we may have had success.

AM was a stop gap - he knew it and we knew it as DM was downsizing and we were close to closure (closer than most of us think BTW).

PLG is an exciting prospect, but due to MB and DM he wasn't allowed to purchase his 'first choice' players and we still have no Youth Development and DM is stripping the club bare so he can sell up.

As I have said thro-out this debate, the on-field problems are a tiny % of the real problems and are a direct knock-on effect form the off-field ones. PLG *may* improve the team short-term, but without 100% support from the board, we will not improve long-term.

Cammy F

also, the idea that plg is playing tried and tested internationals is a joke - steven smith, bardsley/hutton, svensson, clement, martin, burke and adam, all form a central part of our first team where they have never before. all youngsters, all getting played.

Read my reply again - I said all his signings that are playing in the first team are all experienced and some have international experience.....

Smith is in his 2nd full season and has played CL football. Bardsely played around 20 games for Man U last season and played in the CL. Burke is a full international now and in his 3rd season with Rangers.

Cammy F

PLG is an exciting prospect, but due to MB and DM he wasn't allowed to purchase his 'first choice' players and we still have no Youth Development and DM is stripping the club bare so he can sell up.

As I have said thro-out this debate, the on-field problems are a tiny % of the real problems and are a direct knock-on effect form the off-field ones. PLG *may* improve the team short-term, but without 100% support from the board, we will not improve long-term.

this i a whole-heartedly agree with (as you know).