Andy Webster raring to go

15 Oct 2010

Andy Webster today told Walter Smith he�s ready for a Rangers recall.

The defender missed the start of the season with a hamstring injury but stepped up his comeback against Brechin on Wednesday night.

ââ?¬Å?I would be ready for tomorrow if the gaffer needed me, although thatââ?¬â?¢s obviously up to him,ââ?¬Â he said. ââ?¬Å?Hopefully, though, heââ?¬â?¢ll take note and Iââ?¬â?¢ll get back involved again.

ââ?¬Å?Every player is the same. I just really want to be involved after missing the start of the season.ââ?¬Â

I am not holding my breath yet.

Given the threadbare nature of our squad and Sir David of Weir's advancing years.... a fully fit Webster would be a welcome addition to the squad.

Damn right he is .... and he'll be a welcome addition to the team when he's turned in half a dozen good performances.

Yeah, I agree - I watched Webster in his only (I think) full competitive game for Gers against Gretna and he was MOTM, scoring in the process.

I thought he had a very good game, very assured, strong in the air, solid in the tackle and a good reading of the game too. If he can get himself fit enough to actually play a game for us I think he would be a natural successor to Weir and could save us a bunch of money in transfer fees in the process.

Plus I think he wants to stay at the club and prove himself, which is motivation in itself for him.

I thought he played pretty well against Dunfermline in the League Cup. Sure we conceded two goals but he pretty much strolled through the 90 minutes which is quite impressive considering he hadn't played in about 9 seasons.

I thought he played pretty well against Dunfermline in the League Cup. Sure we conceded two goals but he pretty much strolled through the 90 minutes which is quite impressive considering he hadn't played in about 9 seasons.

He played loads last season. ;)