Rangers 1 : 1 Valencia - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Rangers so close to beating Spanish cracks as they rue missed chances at bouncing Ibrox Stadium.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=321:rangers-1-1-valencia-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=35:analysis&Itemid=67

:rf:

Although I was as surprised (and worried) as anyone else at the guy's inclusion, I thought he had a superb game at right wing back. He did very well defensively and got more and more dangerous as the game went on in attack; although he should have scored open goal near the end.

I'd also like to give a quick mention to Vladimir Weiss. I was worried he'd neglect his defensive duties but he worked tirelessly on the left flank and did well to retain possession as well in tight situations.

Overall a great team performance and just a pity we didn't win! :robbo:

:sp:

Sasa was outstanding and one day one of those free kicks will find the top corner - maybe Sunday :whistle:

Incidentally I think your rating of 5 for Kenny Miller is more than a little harsh. Miller worked his socks off, as he always does and certainly deserved more than 5 (especially when you've given Lafferty a 4).

Edited by Stefanovitch

Sasa was outstanding and one day one of those free kicks will find the top corner - maybe Sunday :whistle:

He's finding form at exactly the right time.

A foot or two lower and that free kick would have been in as the goalie had wrong-footed himself. Hits the ball pretty does our Bosnian chum! :D

Rangers so close to beating Spanish cracks as they rue missed chances at bouncing Ibrox Stadium.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=321:rangers-1-1-valencia-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=35:analysis&Itemid=67

:rf:

Although I was as surprised (and worried) as anyone else at the guy's inclusion, I thought he had a superb game at right wing back. He did very well defensively and got more and more dangerous as the game went on in attack; although he should have scored open goal near the end.

I'd also like to give a quick mention to Vladimir Weiss. I was worried he'd neglect his defensive duties but he worked tirelessly on the left flank and did well to retain possession as well in tight situations.

Overall a great team performance and just a pity we didn't win! :robbo:

Funny to see how opinions differ. I thought Weiss was terrible and put us in trouble losing the ball in dangerous positions.

Foster was good but Boogy was phenomenal!!!

Funny to see how opinions differ. I thought Weiss was terrible and put us in trouble losing the ball in dangerous positions.

Foster was good but Boogy was phenomenal!!!

I think a lot of players were wasteful in the first 25mins or so, Weiss included, which is why some of the marks are lower than you'd expect after such a good result.

Bougherra did have a great 2nd half but he looked shaky in the first half whereas Foster did well throughout the game and really was superb after half-time. His block in injury time after McGregor saved summed up his fine contribution.

I think a lot of players were wasteful in the first 25mins or so, Weiss included, which is why some of the marks are lower than you'd expect after such a good result.

Bougherra did have a great 2nd half but he looked shaky in the first half whereas Foster did well throughout the game and really was superb after half-time. His block in injury time after McGregor saved summed up his fine contribution.

I don't mean this to sound too hard, just a bit of debate, but i disagree with you entirely. In my opinion it was Foster who had a shaky start and improved. Boogy was defending phenomenal as usual and also was throwing himself into attack. Foster was superb but Boogy was better.:box:;)

Given the guy's inexperience on this stage and the obvious lack of faith most of us had in him, he deserves immense credit for his own self-belief and commitment to a team he's only on loan to.

He's only played 50mins or so competitive football for us since joining and to be able to put in such a good performance in spite of these negatives says a lot about the lad. Sure, he may never become our first choice right back but if he can contribute like that during his time here, I'll be very happy.

:)

:mb: for me. Looked cool, calm, composed and bombed forward up the right whenever he could.

Re Papac's free kick that missed the top corner by MMs. It reminded me of an Albertz FK against Hibs at Ibrox from roughtly the same spot. He hammered it right into the top corner. I think we won 2-0 that game.