Rangers 2 - 0 Aberdeen: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Rangers return to winning ways with routine victory against dreadful Aberdeen outfit.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=336:rangers-2-0-aberdeen-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=35:analysis&Itemid=67

:jf:

Thought the wee man was our hungriest player and benefited from being just behind Miller in our 4-5-1 formation. The team played pretty well but no-one really stood out in my opinion.

:)

I am with BD - I thought Fleck was anonymous for the vast majority of the match. Hardly ever noticed. Were you on the cider Frankie ?

I would have given it to either McCulloch too or Weiss for the fact he set one up and scored the other. Also wasnt perturbed by the continual assaults on him. Plus.... my kid would not have any other MOTM...

BTW, got Bougherra and Kyle Hutton's autograph after the game - Hutton seems like a really classy guy, happy to chat for a couple of minutes and very well mannered. Bougherra, too, was happy to pose for pictures.

Glad you and the wee man had a good day. About time we won when you finally make the effort to get to a game... ;)

Nope, wasn't on the cider - just felt Fleck had a good game where he used the ball well and got stuck in all over the pitch; including his defensive duties. Certainly didn't think McCulloch was overly influential.

If we hadnt won on Saturday I was giving up on football. 3 games, 3 defeats would NOT have made good reading !!

Sorry I missed you guys at the WRC on Saturday - the wee fella was demanding that he got to play in the enclosed pitch behind the Broomloan - so we had to bail on the WRC so he could play street football.

I would agree we didnt have any standouts on Saturday - we also had no failures as far as I could see. MOTM could have went to a number of players. Fleck did look to constantly get involved I suppose. Weiss had a good game and his contribution was telling, but his final ball still sometimes lets him down. I thought McCulloch did all the simple things well and got himself forward a few times to have a pop too. Bougherra though needs to get his finger out - he very nearly put us in trouble a couple of times by trying to play the ball out when well inside his own box.

BTW, that wee bassa Maguire was diving and cheating the whole game. Diamond is the epitomy of why the game in Scotland is going to shit - so long as you are big and strong you can make a career in Scotland - he is absolutely shite, but still their captain - so another reason as to why they are in the toilet. And Hartley.... greeting faced wee tink ! His dive to get McCulloch booked was disgusting.

Some Rangers fan got Hartley's autograph on the way out.... Why ????? Everyone else was giving the young Ger pelters, was funny stuff.

Probably best you weren't in the club anyway - it was absolutely packed as all the navy lads were in there before the game.

Maguire should have been sent off in the first half for a blatant kick at Weiss. In saying that Bougherra was lucky to only be booked when he kicked Maguire later in the game as well.

I would have to be kinder to Miller for the penalty - I thought it was brilliantly taken but brilliantly saved. The only thing he didn't do was send the keeper the wrong way. There was nothing else wrong with the strike which was heading for the inside of the side netting - which for me is a perfect penalty aim-wise.

I felt the goalkeeper dived early but Miller had telegraphed it by opening his foot early as well. He struck it well enough but it was at a good height for the keeper to save.

Harsh on Miller perhaps but I was annoyed he missed the chance to really put Aberdeen to bed before half-time.