Boyd Desperate To Return To Ibrox

I feel sorry for Boydy...he's made a mistake and now realises it.

I think his departure has given the likes of Miller, Naismith and Lafferty a new lease of life and the team seems a lot more mobile this season...however, he is a proven goalscorer in the SPL.

I suppose its all down to whether Walter, Ally and Kenny think they can use him....

Much Ambivalence Loyal

I think his departure has shown that we seem a better team without him and Kenny is actually scoring more goals than Boyd at the moment - while working hard for the team at the same time. Naismith has also improved dramatically and Lafferty is coming on a bit, while Jelavic looks like he could be very useful when he returns to fitness.

When Jelavic and Lafferty come back, if Beattie can also get fit, there will be no room for Boyd in such a scant squad. We need a defender and a midfielder first.

I've never been one for taking players back, and that won't be changing. Not many players leave Rangers and actually further their career.

I liked Boyd as a player, although I was aware of his limitations, he scored the goals that won points for the team. It's been said already that the team looks better without him and I have to agree, we're much more fluent in attack now.

I feel sorry for Boydy...he's made a mistake and now realises it.

He's only realising it because Boro have been rank. Had they been in a play off position and challenging for promotion you can bet your bottom dollar he wouldnt be thinking about a move back.

He's only realising it because Boro have been rank. Had they been in a play off position and challenging for promotion you can bet your bottom dollar he wouldnt be thinking about a move back.

I would agree on the condition that he was playing regularly... I don't think he'll ever be happy on the bench no matter how well his team are doing. Shame he doesn't use that unhappiness as motivation to put a shift in every game he does start.

I think while being a top class finisher, he's basically lazy and moody and it takes a great man-manager like Walter to bring out the best in him. Without that guidance I think he's destined to play a bit part for the rest of his career - a bit like Tore Andre Flo.

He's made a mistake nonetheless, and as Ferguson realised back in 2003, he's better off at Rangers. as far as boro are concerned, he picked the wrong club...him and McDonald, 2 lazy bassas that need a workhorse alongside them to bring the best out of their game.

No thanks.

We look far more fluid, quicker and are creating far more chances without Boyd.

BD, I know what you say about him being a squad player and for wages no more than he was on - but can we really afford that size a wage for a squad player ? I would rather we used those wages and brought in a centre half to replace Sir David of Weir for next season.

The only way I would really want Boyd back is if Miller goes - but if you gave me a choice I would rather keep Miller and wish Boyd all the best in his career at some other club !

No thanks.

We look far more fluid, quicker and are creating far more chances without Boyd.

BD, I know what you say about him being a squad player and for wages no more than he was on - but can we really afford that size a wage for a squad player ? I would rather we used those wages and brought in a centre half to replace Sir David of Weir for next season.

The only way I would really want Boyd back is if Miller goes - but if you gave me a choice I would rather keep Miller and wish Boyd all the best in his career at some other club !

Can't disagree with you. I was more meaning in an ideal world (of sorts). I don't have a problem with him coming back per se, but would agree that he shouldn't be our number one target and if he was to come back, it should be below the level of contract that he previously rejected.