Ferguson-Boruc

There is something of a split on FF as to whether Barry Ferguson shat it from challenging Boruc to then try and score for the team or whether he had no chance of reaching the ball and it was was a slightly over cooked pass from Dado.

If you can recollect the play from your mind, what is your take?

my personal view, is Dado - who was Rangers best player - just slightly over played the ball meaning Boruc was always favourite for the ball.

and had Ferguson challanged for the ball , it would only have resulted in one thing: a yellow card.

But in some quarters he is being made out as a shite bag.. - not that theres even any guarantee he would have scored anyway.

what is your view?

I am not Barrys hugest fan by any stretch - but I like him as a player

If we werent so dire he probably wouldnt have needed to play today and could have been feeded into the team and got back to his best gradually - as he is still striving to reach the level of his team mates fitness.

I just find it a little annoying to find things like this pinpointed as the so called turning point in the games.

and that the guy was a shite bag,etc etc.

In my view once the pass was over hit the chance was never on, and no matter how nice it may have been to jump on Boruc - it would have been silly.

Its a tad desperate from some fans that we need to look at these non- instances as our lifeline.

Barry Ferguson gets far too much criticism from certain sections of our support and the media. He was by no means our worst player yesterday. He is still a long way short of full fitness too. Given time and support - a bit like the team - hopefully we will see him somewhere near his top form. To answer the original question the pass was a little over-hit. He can't win if he had went diving in two footed and got sent off he would be getting pelters on FF and because he never he still gets it in the neck.

It was an over cooked pass right enough...but maybe if it was someone with the pace of Lovenkrands or Novo they might have had a chance.

Ferguson gets dogs abuse from a lot of people when it is clear he is not match fit...these same people are now turning on PLG as well.

The press thrive on this and just watch as the pressure intensifys [sp] over the next few games.