Is Ally McCoist the answer? Should new owner's bring in their own man?

As things stand today, it looks likely that Ally McCoist will be the next Rangers manager, whatever we think about it. I'm as guilt as anyone of looking for weakness before the event but the hard truth is than none of us could make a choice and guarantee success, whether we favour experience, Rangers pedigree, or whatever. The call has to be made and if it does turn out to be McCoist then so be it - if he succeeds he will be the ultimate hero, if not then he'll be despised by thousands - but no amount of speculation now will either provide advance insight or lessen the gamble McCoist will be taking with his reputation and his own emotional relationship with the club.

Our role is to judge performance and that necessarily comes after the event. Beforehand we can only hope for the best and wish well of whoever is fortunate to be next in a glorious line.

Assuming we'd have money for him after a takeover, I'd love to see Ray Wilkins alongside Super in the dugout next season.

That is not a bad shout actually but i doubt if we could afford to pay his wages.

Ally does have positives - he knows the club, he knows the expectations and he's a winner. That doesn't always equate to being a great or even a good manager - does it Mr Lennon - but it's a start. As for how things go, we'll just have to wait and see. Everyone was waiting with bated breath for le Guen to take over, expecting a new 9-in-a-row era, but look where he is now (where is he, is he still at Cameroon?). There are no guarantees, but we have to give him a chance.

Everyone was waiting with bated breath for le Guen to take over, expecting a new 9-in-a-row era, but look where he is now (where is he, is he still at Cameroon?).

He resigned in June after Cameroon were the first team knocked out of the WC finals.

I knew he hadn't done well and that kinda reinforces my point. There are no guarantees, even if we bring in a manager with a glowing reputation.

No guarantees no, but obviously the better the reputation the more likely success is.

It could be that Paul Le Guen isn't a good manager, his success at Lyon could be due to the players he inherited and luck