Rangers will sign Brown

If fan pressure counts for anything, we will make a move for him. :rolleyes:

On FF, when there is a thread debating who we would like to see signed, one name appears all the time, post after post.

Scott Brown.

But, its all about money at the end of the day, something which we apparently don't have much of.

We'll need £2.5million to be able to buy him....

I'm not so sure we've got that kind of money.

Yep Murray started with saying he wanted the debt at a sustainable level, but it now seems he won't let go of the purse strings until we are completely in the black. I don't think we can expect much until he has a buyer.

We'll need �£2.5million to be able to buy him....

I'm not so sure we've got that kind of money.

dont be suprised to see it being �£1.5million similar to OConnors transfer fee....

possible buy out clause in his contract.

Actually the £2.5million figure I quoted was the minimum-fee clause I'd heard about from a reliable friend.

The fact is Hibs have just reported some decent annual figures and after selling O'Connor to help pay for their new training ground up the road from me, they simply don't need to sell any of their excellent young prospects (be it Brown, Thompson, Whittaker, Fletcher et al) for low fees anymore.

The question we should be asking ourselves is not how much these players are worth, but why Hibs are consistently producing good young players capable of playing good football whilst maintaining their strength for the Scottish game.

The answer to that is Mark Venus - their first team coach and assistant manager. He (and Mowbray) have just signed new rolling contracts and Venus would be the person I'd be sniffing round as well as the likes of Brown and Thompson.